Troubleshooting pages that never load

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Forsh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Troubleshooting pages that never load

Post by Forsh » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Is there a way to troubleshoot pages that don't load.Like a way to see if there is something stalling the page from loading.I currently have a few pages but I have turned off almost every extension, cleared my cache, removed images that would have loaded just in case they were too big, turned off URL rewrite then back on again, everything I can think of and these pages just timeout. Do you look in the source html code on the error page you get?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Troubleshooting pages that never load

Post by toivo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:10 am

Are those pages just articles or pages produced by components, especially third party extensions?

Does this issue occur at the front end or also from the back end of Joomla?

Go to Global Configuration and change the level of error reporting to 'Maximum' and then enable Debug. Go to Extensions - Plugins and configure the plugin System - Debug so that it collects data from your usergroup and select 'Log almost everything' from the Logging tab. PHP notices, warnings and errors with debug information are now written into the log file administrator/logs/everything.php.

You can use Google Chrome, press F12 and check the Console for possible javascript warnings and errors, which can stop pages from working. Activate the Network tab, load the page in question and you will see the details at the HTTP level and analyse each request and response and possible errors.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”