Moved site and now css is not working

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
tagteam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Moved site and now css is not working

Post by tagteam » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm

I moved my site to a new server and now it wont display the pages correct. It appears the css is not loading. The pages load the data but it doesn't appear to load the css so it is just text.

it is not is a subdirectory, I have turned of SEO URLs, tried a default .htaccess , i don't see any errors in the log.
Any ides?

AlexVega
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Moved site and now css is not working

Post by AlexVega » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi there,

First check the source page in the browser to find if they have the correct path to your CSS files.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:09 pm

How did you move the site? Manually by copying the Joomla system files, then export / import of database or through tools like Akeeba Backup and Kickstart?

Is the new server live hosting e.g. new hosting plan within the same provider, or new hosting provider? Is it your own server or VPS etc?

I see this as a frequent question here - some points to check:

In the configuration.php, make sure all the path names to tmp folder, logs, etc represent the correct file path for the new server;

Also make sure you have the $live_site variable set to "null". (as in $live_site='';)

Could you post the results of the forum post assistant; see the red box, top of this forum page for the link.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

huyhoa
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by huyhoa » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Step by step to check:

Step 1: View source code of your site and check the link to css file as AlexVega said above.

Step 2: If the path is valid, then try to clear cache, also cloudflare if you used.

Step 3: If the path is wrong, then check for your setting in configuration file and make it correct via live_site
Personal blog at: https://huyhoa.net/en/home/

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”