Featured article layout misbehaving Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Nickinamillion
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Featured article layout misbehaving

Post by Nickinamillion » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi All, I hope someone can help me, I am confounded.
I have installed a new instance of Joomla on the Siteground server using their auto tools. I set up a home page with a featured article menu item, and it will not display correctly; the articles get narrower and narrower down the page. I have another site on Siteground and another on localhost with the same setting and no such problems. I do not know what is going on. Have I made a silly mistake, or is it the server?
The site in question is:
http://www.basictest.mrbumble.biz/index.php
I have just noticed that there is some strange going on with the login form also, it seems squeezed in it’s fluid container.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Featured article layout misbehaving

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:12 pm

You have broken html inside your articles. All the text of the article is wrapped in a div with the Read More inside it. As the closing tag after the Read More is not shown in the blog, you will have open/close mismatches.

Code: Select all

<div id="lipsum">
<read more />
</div>
PS. An id shall only be present once on a page. You have "lipsum" in several articles.

Nickinamillion
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Featured article layout misbehaving

Post by Nickinamillion » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:50 pm

Thank you Per, that was very good advice, I have sorted it out now. I made a very silly and basic mistake, I know how I did it, it was my careless copy and pasting. Onward and upward.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”