Sending the user an email when admin approves their account? Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Sending the user an email when admin approves their account?

Post by AMurray » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:07 pm

There are no email 'templates' in J3.9.x out of the box. You can override the wording of the email using a language override.

However, there are a few extensions you can use to 'beautify' those system emails. (https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... ack/email/) but I don't know how current they are. Some look to be rather recent (last updates in 2021).

Note Joomla 4 has a new feature where you can edit and create custom HTML emails for those sorts of messages.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

MAD King
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MAD King » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:24 pm

Oh in v4? That is great. I will wait then until v4 is stable before migrating or updating.
Thank you.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Getting back to the question as it was first asked on the forum, does Joomla send emails to users after the site administrator approves their registration on the backend, I know that J! 3.x does not do this. I think we resolved that matter a long time ago and thank you, Andy, for updating the documentation.

I don't think the situation has changed in J! 4, that is, the site notifies new users that their account has been activated only if the site administrator approves the account on the frontend. I could be mistaken but that's the way I understand that this email notification process operates and I have no reason to believe that J! 4 operates differently in that regard. Happy to be disproven. ;)

I won't comment about @MAD's observation when J! 4 becomes "stable".

MAD King
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MAD King » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 pm

sozzled wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:37 pm
I know that J! 3.x does not do this. I think we resolved that matter a long time ago and thank you, Andy, for updating the documentation.
Joomla! 3.10.2 does send out emails.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Of course J! 3.10.2 sends emails! So does J! 1.0 and J! 4.0. Every version of J! sends emails. :laugh:

In the context of this topic (that is marked as solved) please read the whole topic.

In this topic we are talking about the question: "Does J! send the user an email when the site admin approves their account on the backend"?

Is that the context in which you've asked your question about email templates? ???

MAD King
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MAD King » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:56 pm

I see. No, not from the backend. Needs to be from the front end.
And my issue was related to changing the email content which is sent.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”