Suddenly 500 and 404 Error in one Category

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
chtrede
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Suddenly 500 and 404 Error in one Category

Post by chtrede » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:48 am

For some odd reason (I have not touched the sites backend for some time) since today one category is not displaying. Its category blog layout results in a 404 error, any item under the category in a 500 Error. I thought it had something to do with SH404SEF plugin, but even disabling it results in the errors. And, funny enough, sometimes the the category and articles work again, and then not...
I also disabled search engine friendly URLs for testing, but no difference. Some screenshots attaced. The only category not working is "Nachrichten".

Sometimes the very same menu item is calling /nachrichten, sometimes /nachrichte-news and then /aktuelles/nachrichten. But why that?

I also checked the server error log; empty.

Any ideas? Thank you.

[attachment=0]K1024_screen4_404-error.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]screen1_404-error.png[/attachment][attachment=2]screen3_404-error.png[/attachment][attachment=3]screen2_404-error.png[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Suddenly 500 and 404 Error in one Category

Post by toivo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:09 am

According to the non-SEF URL, the id of the problem category is 90. Does that category exist in the categories table? Is it published?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

chtrede
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Suddenly 500 and 404 Error in one Category

Post by chtrede » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:59 am

toivo wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:09 am
According to the non-SEF URL, the id of the problem category is 90. Does that category exist in the categories table? Is it published?
Nope, there is no category 90 and has never been an no menu item or so is allocated to such a non-existing category. I believe the whole issue is SH404SEF, allocation wrong URLs. Could that be?
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: enabled BBCode

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”