Admin Login Issues - Captcha Image Problems

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
clambert
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by clambert » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:13 pm

It's been 37 days since I started using Joomla.

Our admin login page has what appears to be a captcha image included. The problem is 50% of the time I've entered the exact combination displayed only to have the login fail. I can't find where the captcha/fake captcha component is being generated. Our site doesn't appear to have an extension installed that would generate one. Certainly there isn't a captcha or recaptcha extension installed.

In the Global Site Configuration I have the default captcha set to none selected. Under Users - Options I have the captcha set to none selected. So where is the captcha like feature coming from and how to I turn it off or fix it so that it works?

Thanks.

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:11 am

Check with your host that they are not injecting a captcha into the login page as a security measure. Some extensions such as AdminTools and JSecure can do this if it is selected. Check for that too.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”