How to "permanently" remove the J! 3.10 End-of-Support notice

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

How to "permanently" remove the J! 3.10 End-of-Support notice

Post by sozzled » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:24 am

By now, people have seen the new J! 3.10 End of Support notice:
j310EOS.png
This was discussed and debated at great length on GitHub.

You can "snooze" this notice. The notice will disappear temporarily if you snooze it. It will reappear again every few weeks after "snoozing". If you don't want to be continually reminded about J! 4, you can simply disable the plugin that generates it.

Go to Extensions » Plugins: enter "Joomla! 3.10" in the search filter. You should see one item: Quick Icon - Joomla! 3.10 End Of Support Notification. Disable the plugin and you will not see the notice again. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

ltheme
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: How to "permanently" remove the J! 3.10 End-of-Support notice

Post by ltheme » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:04 pm

HI,

Thank you, I can disabled it now :) I have some client websites with this alert.

Actually, many customers still use Joomla! 3, and I think it's stable version on this year. That's great if this notice appear in begin of new year 2022, leave some months for developers who will make template and extensions ready with Joomla! 4.
Steve (Mr.) - Fan of Joomla! CMS over 10 years
https://ltheme.com/joomla-templates/ <= 120+ Joomla! templates
https://ltheme.com/free-one-page-joomla-templates/ <= 80+ Landing Joomla templates
^Compatible with Joomla! 3.x and Joomla! 4

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”