Smart Search results prioritization

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
wcbassman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Smart Search results prioritization

Post by wcbassman » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:52 pm

I’m having an issue with Smart Search that I could use some guidance on. The search actually works pretty well, however, the issue I’m having is regarding prioritizing the search results. In the attached example, I’m searching on a phrase that produces the correct results. However, I would like to be able to 'promote' some of the results above others in the listing. In the Smart Search component, I can simply remove the other documents to get that desired result. However, doing this completely removes the other documents from the entire search, making them unfindable. That's not my goal.

I’ve tried changing the variables in the ‘Weight Multiplier’ configuration, and I’m not having an impact. I haven’t found any document on which of the variables carry more weight as well.

Also, some of these results are from other components, some are pdfs, so I don’t know if that’s a factor either. I’m just trying to get some guidance on this, or maybe some more robust documentation.

I have a specific example in the attached document.

Thanks,

Gene Crawford
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kathynguyen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Smart Search results prioritization

Post by kathynguyen » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:38 pm

Hi wcbassman,

Have you found a solution to this? Please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Kathy

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”