Can no longer access Components menu after attempt at install Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sgawebmaster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can no longer access Components menu after attempt at install

Post by sgawebmaster » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Hi all,

I have an issue. I tried to upload a component last night (formmaker - free edition). I was able to upload the module and plugin successfully. But when I tried to install the COMPONENT (com_formmaker.zip), I received the following error code:

An error has occurred.
0 Failed opening required '/home3/songwri1/public_html/awards-songwritersguild-com/components/com_formmaker/recaptchalib.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/share/pear')

Now, when I go to open the EXTENSIONS ---> MANAGE ---> COMPONENTS menu I just get this same error. In fact, the entire EXTENSIONS ---> MANAGE menu returns this error. I went into my FTP and I cannot find any folder named /com_formmaker. Obviously since I have no access to EXTENSIONS ---> MANAGE, I cannot simply uninstall. Not certain where to proceed from here.
can't access plugins error.png
PS - I am using Joomla 3.10.11. I have not switched over yet because some of the apps I use haven't been updated. I'm also using the most recent version of formmaker (at least I'm trying to).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by toivo on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: changed CAPS in subject - please observe the forum rules!

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Can no longer access COMPONENTS menu after attempt at install

Post by AMurray » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:45 pm

Restore your backup first.

That extension is going on 4 years old. Did you download from
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... aker-lite/?

Please provide the FPA report (refer red box at top of screen, Forum Post Assistant (FPA)). Generate the report and post the results to this thread.

The extensions' requirements are very old to cater for Joomla back to v1.5 and may not allow the extension to work on modern server specs such as PHP 7.4 or 8.x and latest Joomla releases (3.10.x or 4.x).

I'd suggest contacting the developer for support, if they offer it for the free edition. Their documentation (installation of extension) page contains a contact email.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

sgawebmaster
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Can no longer access COMPONENTS menu after attempt at install

Post by sgawebmaster » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Thank you. I managed to get EXTENSIONS menu working again. Will try to uninstall all formmaker. If that doesn't fix the issue, I will fill out the form you suggest and share. Thanks for letting me know about the possibility it's too outdated to work.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”