Can't Upload images with Media Manager

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
hlmorgan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't Upload images with Media Manager

Postby hlmorgan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

On my site we can't upload images at all to the media manager. I keep getting an error saying this:

Warning
Warning: Failed to move file!

Error
Unable to upload file.

We have tried everything regarding permissions to try to fix it, but nothing is working. I have googled and looked up and down the forums for solutions but I can't find anything that works. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Can't Upload images with Media Manager

Postby sitesrus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:20 pm

What are the permissions on the folder? 755 for folders, 644 for files.

Sometimes you need a recursive update of all folders and files from root all the way down to the lowest levels and sub dirs.

Are you doing this as super admin/admin? Check your system information and directory/file permissions tab and make sure everything is green. Also check tmp and log are fine and writable, and exist.

Oh and i've seen owners get messed up too, check the owner of the files/dirs and apache should own everything or whatever the web server is.
I like working with Joomla :)

cchc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby cchc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:47 pm

I too have received an error once clicking upload after selecting files through the browser window. My error says 500-an error has occurred. Then a link shows to return to control panel.

I've tried editing the permissions and the options but I haven't had any success resolving the issue.

geof
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Postby geof » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 pm

check the locations for your "tmp" and "log" folders are correct path in your Global Configuration or confiquration.php file.
Joomla Support | Domain Name | Web Hosting in Greece | Website Eshop
.: easylogic https://easylogic.gr

kzameer356
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby kzameer356 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 am

Hello

Im new jooma user im resently install joomla script my niche on tech relted then im install script but im face picture eror my blog link is http://nxttechnology.net/ im again install wordpress but i want work on joomla any one help me Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”