Cached URL filter?

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
bdam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cached URL filter?

Post by bdam » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Just a suggestion really, since I see Memcached support is experimental anyway.
I can't use it at present on my site because it has a quiz I wrote as a module, and no matter how I configure the cache, when active, different users are served the same set of questions. However, the rest of the site does get the expected boost. It's a shame, but currently a deal breaker so I have to turn it off globally. It struck me that if there was an extra field in the params for a URL filter to ignore, eg example.com/test* or whatever, I'd have the best of all worlds because it's only that patter which mustn't be cached. I'm sure there are many other modules which exhibit this problem too.
Btw its not just memcached as a cache which does this, File does too.

stutteringp0et
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Cached URL filter?

Post by stutteringp0et » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:41 am

Joomla cache (regardless of the storage method) can be disabled for certain pages.

Look for the Page Cache plugin and you'll find configurations that will allow you to prevent certain menu items or URLs from being cached.
My extensions: http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/pr ... ails/18398
Honk if this signature offends you.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”