firefox 60.0.2 and the joomla! backend

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
samw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

firefox 60.0.2 and the joomla! backend

Postby samw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 pm

I wondered if anyone else is finding that many standard Joomla! buttons in the back end first behave erratically (have to click more than once, etc.) and then stop working altogether with the latest build of Firefox, 60.0.2, which was released on 6/6/18 and is thus a week old today. I'm talking about basic things like "New" and "Save" buttons, "Clear Expired Cache", etc. It appears to be a Bootstrap or perhaps Javascript thing - plain html links are not affected.

I found myself effectively unable to do site administration in the back end yesterday with Firefox. After pulling my hair out for a little while wondering what on earth was going on, I switched to Edge and everything is fine.

Wondering if this is somehow related to my setup, or a common problem reflecting bug(s) in the latest Firefox. Thanks for any insights.
Last edited by toivo on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved, not related to 3.x Performance

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: firefox 60.0.2 and the joomla! backend

Postby gws » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:04 pm

I have experienced the same with FF 60.0.2 64 bit, also some sites do not load images. FF is buggy at the moment.

samw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: firefox 60.0.2 and the joomla! backend

Postby samw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Thank you for passing that on - good to know it's not just me.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”