Service Unavailable Issue

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
farhankust
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Service Unavailable Issue

Post by farhankust » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 am

this error is occured on my domain when i get loged in into my joomla admin account. when i click on submenu like global configuration or users group it gives the following error. service provider failed to solve the problem. any one can suggest me how to solve this problem

"Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
Last edited by toivo on Sat May 16, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: topic locked on request

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Service Unavailable Issue

Post by leolam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:18 am

This is a server error and should be resolved by your host

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

gsmela
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gsmela » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:03 am

Leolam -

I saw your answer and would appreciate a bit more detail as I'm having the same problem - sitewide for a site that worked fine on a test server (running Joomla 3.75) then was overwhelmed when moved to another. In both cases, the site is on a Siteground VPS and Siteground support keeps telling me the problem seems to be caused by notifications on the site spawning enough processes to throw 503 errors.

There are about 100-200 users online at any given time (and many more trying to register which also is probably a bottleneck). The VPS has 10 core, 12gig RAM and the stats show that nore more than 50% of each are being used.

How best can I troubleshoot this? Thank you.

fredgo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fredgo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:40 pm

I just started running into this same error message today. This is odd because as farhankust wrote, it occurs when logged in as administrator on the front end. However, it does not happen when I am logged out and click on the same links. For that reason, I don't think it is a server issue that can be resolved by the host.

As I was writing this, I would back to my site and disabled the Komento commenting system, and that fixed the issue. So, that was the problem. I have to see why, if there is an update, or some other conflict.

yusufzai
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by yusufzai » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi

I am Sohail and I am having the same issue when I update any content or when I try to log in it gives me error "Service unavailable" and after 2 and 3 seconds I refresh the page and its work fine. I was talking to the support. He said this is not the issue of the host. so please suggest me the way to solve it. I need to solve it ASAP

Thanks
Sohail

das20k
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by das20k » Sat May 16, 2020 8:28 am

Hello Guys,

I ran into the same challenge and while I had tried everything. I had 30 websites I was transferring from one server to another. All were working fine on the first server but on transfer some sites gave the;
"Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
What I noticed was that out of the 30 websites, the 6 which had issues were using PHP 7.2 while the rest were on PHP 7.3.

I updated the individual PHP for them to PHP 7.4 and that solved the issue.
Don't know what issue PHP 7.4 resolved but have my websites now running properly!!! :) :D

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 3.x”