Article Search Tools - Category Filter thoughts

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
wernejo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Article Search Tools - Category Filter thoughts

Post by wernejo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:28 am

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment of your time to voice my feelings about one of the changes in the 3.8.1 update. As many of you would be aware, the new update now gives you the option to filter the article manager by multiple categories. Although this feature is something a lot of people have been waiting for, I for one don't think that it's been implemented correctly. I find that moving from one category to another is now a lot slower and more cumbersome than before. Whenever I want to switch categories, I need to clear the current filter, wait for the article manager to refresh, then select the new category that I want to view. this is much more annoying than helpful as it takes twice as long to find the articles I want.

Now, I'm not saying that we need to get rid of this option, I am campaigning for a better alternative. can we as a community find a better way for this feature to work without having it run so slowly?

What are your thoughts on this feature? Do you like the changes?

matmoab23
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Article Search Tools - Category Filter thoughts

Post by matmoab23 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 am

I really to be feature this and my we have it to improve it again

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 3.x”