3.8.3 - TLS_REQCERT causes poor performance

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
zuerchera
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

3.8.3 - TLS_REQCERT causes poor performance

Post by zuerchera » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Hello,
I am stumped by this one and hope someone can help. I moved my Joomla to a new virutal server running the following software:

CENTOS 7 x64
Linux www 3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jan 4 01:06:37 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
php 7.1.11-1
mariadb 5.5.56-2
apache 2-4.6-67

Our Joomla has a staff login section that authenticates to our LDAP server. The ldap server is using a self-signed certificate so in order to make authentication work I added "TLS_REQCERT never" to /etc/openldap/ldap.conf.

However after that command is added and apache is restarted my page loads in Joomla go from sub-1 second to 5-6 seconds. It happens on every page on my site, not just the login or staff pages.

I am baffled about why this command would cause a delay in page loads but if I turn it off the speed returns but then my logins break. I have looked in the apache and joomla logs for clues but see nothing relevant.

Any ideas?

Aaron

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 3.x”