AWS ElastiCache Recommendation

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x Performance issues.

Moderators: General Support Moderators, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
aredman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

AWS ElastiCache Recommendation

Post by aredman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 pm

Greetings All:

I'm deploying a Joomla environment in AWS and have a current configuration working without issue. The configuration is as follows:

1. One Joomla server
2. One DB server
3. Two ElastiCache (EC) cluster nodes

Now, I currently have Joomla pointing to one of the two cluster EC nodes. I have the 'EndPoint' for the node configured for both Cache Settings and Session Settings. I did just add the second EC node into the cluster in AWS and would like to add it to the Joomla configuration. I do have a few questions after reviewing some of the historic bug reports/fixes, and to be honest, I don't understand all of what I've reviewed, hence reaching out for some guidance.

1. Does Joomla 3.9.20 support numerous memcached endpoints?
2. If it does support numerous endpoints, do I need to configure PHP for consistent hashing?
3. If numerous EC nodes are configured in AWS and consistent hashing is configured in PHP, can I simply use the single cluster endpoint DNS address, or do I need to configure Joomla Cache and Session with each of the respective individual node endpoints separated by a comma, or does 'autodiscovery' work with the single cluster DNS address vs. having to put all the individual EC node endpoint addresses?

The intent is to leverage numerous frontend Joomla nodes with numerous EC nodes to reduce failure by leveraging horizontal scale and load balancing across frontend Joomla nodes.

Make sense?

Thanks,

Andy

aredman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: AWS ElastiCache Recommendation

Post by aredman » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Any thoughts on the above?

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 3.x”