Unable to save changes in global configuration

andrzej19222
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Unable to save changes in global configuration

Post by andrzej19222 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:33 pm

I carried out the whole operation with the help of Akeb. I created a backup on the test server using Akeb. I downloaded a copy via FTP and sent it to the catalog with the page shipviking.pl. There, I launched kickstart.php, the installation went correctly. In the FireFox browser, I logged in to the back-end in the shipviking.pl domain and I wanted to change the settings in the system / global configuration tab. I made changes, I click save and here nothing, just nothing, no reaction.

I started to rearrange the page's background and a similar situation was in virtually every element (modules, templates, add-ons) where there are buttons to save, save and close, save and new, save as a copy.

I have this problem in Joomla 3.9.1

Please help
Last edited by toivo on Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to the Polish forum as requested

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Unable to save changes in global configuration

Post by AMurray » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:43 pm

"Akeb" ??? ??? Do you mean Akeeba Backup?
If global config settings are not being saved, that's strange; but the configuration.php file should normally be read-only (CHMOD 444), and behind the scenes when you change global settings it will update that file. I don't know why you can't simply save changes as normal

If things are not saving as expected, the first thing to check is the file permissions - 755 for folders and 644 for files - that is the usual setting for typical Linux hosting. 444 is also set for the configuration.php file.

However, Akeeba Backup/Kickstart should retain those settings and shouldn't be causing that sort of trouble.

Please clarify as as I don't know what you mean:
and sent it to the catalog with the page shipviking.pl
What do you mean by "sent it to the catalog"? I can only think you mean folder when yo say "catalog" which kind of makes sense in the context of your question. Is shipviking.pl your domain name (if so, it doesn't exist....). Note when restoring a site, you only need the JPA archive, and kickstart.php files - no other files should exist in the folder you're restoring the site to.

Please use the FPA to provide details of your hosting and joomla installation. viewtopic.php?f=714&t=793531.

Please provide your actual web address as "vikingship.pl" is not a valid domain name (gives site not found errors).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

andrzej19222
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andrzej19222 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:04 am

I am sorry I do not speak English and I am writing through a google translator
how are you right it is Akeeba Backup
domain is statekviking.pl
I can give you access because I do not understand
OK I did as you said here is the link https://statekviking.pl/fpa-en.php

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 am

Andrezj19222 I have asked to move this to the Polish language forum so you can communicate with fellow Joomlers in your own language.I have deleted the FPA script from your site. You did not follow the rules and posted the link but not the required output and leaving the script open allows hackers to act on it so I just helped you

From Google translate (dont laugh)

Andrezj19222 Poprosiłem o przeniesienie tego na forum języka polskiego, abyś mógł komunikować się z innymi użytkownikami Joomlera w swoim własnym języku. Usunąłem skrypt FPA z twojej strony. Nie przestrzegałeś zasad i opublikowałeś link, ale nie masz wymaganych danych wyjściowych, a pozostawienie skryptu otwartego pozwala hakerom na działanie, więc pomogłem ci

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “Instalacja i aktualizacja”