Locked out - please help

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
helpingmedia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Locked out - please help

Post by helpingmedia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi, last week I upgraded my Joomla and now I can't log in to the backend. Grab attached of the page that comes up. Previously, the grey button that reads 'Return To Control Panel' would take me to the log in page, but now it doesn't. BTW this strange page has been showing since the upgrade before last but I was always able to log in via that grey button. Now I can't. Can anyone help me please?
Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 14.16.45.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Locked out - please help

Post by imanickam » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Providing more information such as the source and the destination versions would be of help.

From the error message, it looks like the JSON dara could not be decoded. Probably reviewing of the topic viewtopic.php?f=710&t=937036 would be of help.

Especially, the discussion about the usage of the script available in Github (https://github.com/robwent/joomla-json-db-check) would be of use.

Make sure take a copy of the site (both files and database content) before attempting the script.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

helpingmedia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Locked out - please help

Post by helpingmedia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks you so much. Fixed. David

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”