The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x? Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
User avatar
Chacapamac
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:50 am
Location: Canada, Montreal
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby Chacapamac » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 am

Joomla 3.7.2 — Php 7.1 — Bug is still there — All my forms was giving the “Invalid security token. Refresh page and try again” until I turn the “System - Page Cache” plugin off.

This is extremely bad and need to be fix ASAP?

This happen on 2 major WEb Sites for my clients, one was on full Facebook/Adwords campaign with forms that don’t work. (problem reported by a visitor) Great

Can somebody from Joomla tell Us how they will fix this ?
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

User avatar
Gasoline
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:33 am
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby Gasoline » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:46 am

Chacapamac wrote:Joomla 3.7.2 — Php 7.1 — Bug is still there — All my forms was giving the “Invalid security token. Refresh page and try again” until I turn the “System - Page Cache” plugin off.

This is extremely bad and need to be fix ASAP?

This happen on 2 major WEb Sites for my clients, one was on full Facebook/Adwords campaign with forms that don’t work. (problem reported by a visitor) Great

Can somebody from Joomla tell Us how they will fix this ?


Guess you don't want cache on forms. Switch it off for those pages.

Better never use plugin "System - Page Cache", only on very basic and simple sites.
https://websitezeist.nl
Websites - Webshops - SEO
Fast, Safe & Hassle free!

User avatar
gilles007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby gilles007 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi Gasoline,

I'm not certain what you say is correct or wise:
"Better never use plugin "System - Page Cache", only on very basic and simple sites"


ref: https://docs.joomla.org/Cache

Caching is very advantageous and if the problem is persisting as experienced by Chacapamac, we're all very hoping it will be fixed.

Perhaps you can share with us why you say this?... and remember that many component developers don't include the code to allow us admins to not cache the component (form... in this case).

User avatar
Gasoline
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:33 am
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby Gasoline » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:58 pm

gilles007 wrote:Hi Gasoline,

I'm not certain what you say is correct or wise:
"Better never use plugin "System - Page Cache", only on very basic and simple sites"


ref: https://docs.joomla.org/Cache

Caching is very advantageous and if the problem is persisting as experienced by Chacapamac, we're all very hoping it will be fixed.

Perhaps you can share with us why you say this?... and remember that many component developers don't include the code to allow us admins to not cache the component (form... in this case).


I say it because it gives problems when your site is not 'static'. I'm under the impression that the general advice is to NOT use system page cache unless as stated above.
Be careful using this plugin if you have an interactive site where you want to server content based on session/cookie information rather than on the plain URL only


In Global configuration > you can set Cache and Gzip. You'll have a fast site when your template is build well.

And maybe you can put this on top of your .htaccess file.

Code: Select all

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
</IfModule>
## EXPIRES CACHING ##


Also there are cache solution in Joomla extension directory. But I'll prefer to keep extra extensions/plugins as minimal as possible.

And also your hosting environment plays a big role in your 'succes'.

https://varvy.com/pagespeed/
https://websitezeist.nl
Websites - Webshops - SEO
Fast, Safe & Hassle free!

User avatar
leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 18713
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:17 am
Location: Netherlands/ UK/ S'pore/Jakarta/ North America
Contact:

Re: Invalid security Token , Please refresh the page and try again error

Postby leolam » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:42 pm

This has not been identified yet as a bug and therefor no code was attached to the 2 links you posted.

I have just tested this again on a vanilla Joomla 3.7.3 installation with Page Cache System plugin enabled with browser caching set to "yes' and I cannot replicate this in any form. (PHP7.1.6) Therefor you also see no Pull Request on your Issue tracker post where you post btw that you get this on com_contact and also here I cannot replicate it (Thank you for your email.)

Leo 8)
Last edited by toivo on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: fixed version on request
Celebrating 12-Years of Professional Joomla Support Services
- Joomla Professional Support:https://gws-desk.com -
- Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions:https://gws-host.com -
- Member Joomla Bug Squad & J-CMS Release Team

User avatar
Chacapamac
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:50 am
Location: Canada, Montreal
Contact:

Re: Invalid security Token , Please refresh the page and try again error

Postby Chacapamac » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm

For me This Happen on 2 sites — Joomla 3.7.2 & 3.6.5 — Did you try with Progressive Cache On also ?

Do you have a some infos on what can cause that type of error?
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

User avatar
Chacapamac
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:50 am
Location: Canada, Montreal
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby Chacapamac » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Are we serious here, cache are Joomla core functions and they should work perfectly. No third party plugin or htaccess modify should be necessary. For my case it happen on 2 sites one Joomla 3.7.2 and a 3.6.5 (that should be update soon) — As it happen only when I submit a form (I’m using on both the “Perfect Ajax Contact” modules, I will talk to the Contact module Devs to see if their contact forms cause the problems.

It will be useful if a Joomla DEvs explain exactly why that type of error happen?
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

User avatar
gilles007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby gilles007 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 pm

I completely agree with Chacapamac on this one. They are Joomla core functions and they should work.

Since several users are experiencing this, surely there must be an explanation with a fix or temp workaround.

User avatar
andypooz
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:03 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby andypooz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Has this gone through the bug review process? I've seen it several times before. It's a minor annoyance, but it's also clearly a persistent bug that I've seen since 1.5 on different sites with different server environments.
No one wants to see this continue, and this isn't the place to fix core bugs, so why don't you take it to: https://issues.joomla.org/ ?
Anyone who has used Joomla for years will know this old chestnut. It's like the brown splotch on the ceiling that every new visitor notices, but you learn to ignore because its unsightly but benign. It's still there though.
Report it. I'd be interested to know what comes out of it.
It's a tough one, because it only happens a couple of times a month, and its easily overcome.
I'm glad people are digging in their heels on this one, so long as it's done in a constructive way and using the proper avenues. This is a community thing.
---
But maybe just turn off page caching and accept for the moment that nothing is perfect, and hope that the clever clogs in the bug squad can figure out something better in due course.
Andy Hickey
Bespoke Joomla Extension Developer
http://www.netamity.com

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby sozzled » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:55 pm

I don't know the answer. I'm not saying that this isn't a genuine problem with Joomla. I'm not qualified to make any assessment on the matter.

I don't know if the problems discussed in this topic are attributable to server side caching: I'm not sure if the System - Page Cache plugin is involved or not involved. There is, however, evidence to strongly suggest that enabling this plugin may have the effect that people encounter.

I accept that seeing messages like "the most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token ... please refresh the page and try again" may cause people to reach into the medicine cabinet to obtain a packet of pain relievers. I accept that some people encounter these messages too frequently. On the other hand, while I have experienced these kinds of symptoms myself, I can't remember the last time I experienced this problem.

Theoretically, Joomla's caching system should be agnostic about the services that may be needed to enable server site caching. These services—I don't know the names of them—may be implemented in different ways depending on the platform used to host Joomla.

Sometimes caching helps; sometimes it hinders; depends on what you're trying to achieve. For example, when I'm building a website, I disable all caching; it makes no sense to enable server-side caching when I'm the only person using a website, when I want to immediately see the results of changes that I'm making to a website when I'm in the construction phase. It's after I've finished the construction phase that I'll decide whether I think caching will be helpful. For example, if the site I've built will display content that's mostly static then it might be useful to save a few milliseconds of processor time to regenerate that content and to display the information stored in cache instead. For sites that I know will have actively-changing content in response to the GET requests that it receives, then caching is probably ineffective and it's worth the few extra milliseconds of processor time to assemble the HTML package.

Further, because everyone's sites are different—and the Joomla developers cannot be reasonably expected to second-guess all of the different ways that we users of Joomla may assemble our websites—asking the Joomla developers to accept that there's a problem—to accept this as an article of faith—and expect them to be able to explain why these problems exist may be attempting the impossible. It's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack without knowing the construction or the whereabouts of the haystack; not all haystacks look alike (and that's why the Forum Post Assistant tool was developed to help developers and experience users understand the composition of the millions of different Joomla "haystacks" around the world today).

What's evident from this discussion—and others like it—is absence of Forum Post Assistant reports that may give us some clues. I'm not saying that the FPA reports are guaranteed to resolve the problem ... but we have to start somewhere, don't we? As the sub-heading states "if you are serious about wanting help ..."; in the meantime, add this topic to the list of unsolved (and probably unresolvable) problems that people would like resolved. 8)

For what it's worth: yes, I guess "it" should work (but I don't know what "it" is).
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

User avatar
leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 18713
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:17 am
Location: Netherlands/ UK/ S'pore/Jakarta/ North America
Contact:

Re: Invalid security Token , Please refresh the page and try again error

Postby leolam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:59 am

Chacapamac wrote:For me This Happen on 2 sites — Joomla 3.7.2 & 3.6.5 — Did you try with Progressive Cache On also ?
MemcacheD with persitent Memchached and MemcacheD compression + gzip enabled on all our servers without issues.

Leo 8)
Celebrating 12-Years of Professional Joomla Support Services
- Joomla Professional Support:https://gws-desk.com -
- Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions:https://gws-host.com -
- Member Joomla Bug Squad & J-CMS Release Team

User avatar
Chacapamac
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:50 am
Location: Canada, Montreal
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby Chacapamac » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:29 pm

I have contact the Perfect Ajax Contact to see if is module can cause the problem

— The problem is listed in his documentation but a little unclear

— I will come back when news and a big thanks to the community

— Joomla is really the best and it’s community is one of the major point that I stay a Joomla fan for many years.

Try if you have that level of help on WP —
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

tenaki
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby tenaki » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Yep and its still happening. I just can't see why the Joomla team cannot fix it.

All I can think is that on the dev sites they don't get the issue which is really suprising

User avatar
leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 18713
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:17 am
Location: Netherlands/ UK/ S'pore/Jakarta/ North America
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby leolam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:43 pm

tenaki wrote:Yep and its still happening. I just can't see why the Joomla team cannot fix it.
We (Joomla CMS Release Team) cannot replicate this issue as described which is not related to any 'development site' but for instance also on a couple of hundreds of own and clients sites we (GWS) as a company cater for. So if we cannot replicate the problem we also cannot post an Issue at https://issues.joomla.org so coders can attend to it?

Just to make sure you understand: 'Joomla Team" is you and me.......all people who use Joomla are coders, developers, documenters, users whatever since we are all part of this great community who provide free of any charges crazy good stuff to the world. We have no "Joomla team' as you describe... We have a community of which you are part and of which you have as much influence as I have for instance

Leo 8)
Celebrating 12-Years of Professional Joomla Support Services
- Joomla Professional Support:https://gws-desk.com -
- Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions:https://gws-host.com -
- Member Joomla Bug Squad & J-CMS Release Team

tenaki
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby tenaki » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:03 pm

leolam wrote:
tenaki wrote:Yep and its still happening. I just can't see why the Joomla team cannot fix it.
We (Joomla CMS Release Team) cannot replicate this issue as described which is not related to any 'development site' but for instance also on a couple of hundreds of own and clients sites we (GWS) as a company cater for. So if we cannot replicate the problem we also cannot post an Issue at https://issues.joomla.org so coders can attend to it?

Just to make sure you understand: 'Joomla Team" is you and me.......all people who use Joomla are coders, developers, documenters, users whatever since we are all part of this great community who provide free of any charges crazy good stuff to the world. We have no "Joomla team' as you describe... We have a community of which you are part and of which you have as much influence as I have for instance

Leo 8)


I understand all that but cannot see why it cannot be replicated, this thread alone shows there is an issue, go to many joomla sites and you get it, I have posted many times over a fair few years about this but apart from a screenshot I can do little to pass onto a coder

Don't get me wrong joomla is great otherwise I wouldn't have used it for my own and my client sites since 2003 and as part of the team would be more than happy to set up a test site and login and log off all day until the error occures. Unfortunately all I could achieve is to report back saying "its happened again" with a screenshot that doesn't help.

If you google it all you get is "try turning cache off, increase sessions times" or use a frustrating plugin that my members don't understand

As a non coder all I can do is post my frustrations here and hope that someone, somewhere has a Eureka moment

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby sozzled » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:08 pm

@tenaki: we all know that some people get frustrated with this problem. Frustration, of course, doesn't help the case. You can do two things about your frustration: you can allow it to boil over, go on the offensive and accuse the entire Joomla community for being unsympathetic, or you can do something constructive about it.

The only thing that I've seen coming from these I-keep-getting-these-security-token problems is that these people keep doing the same things over and over again (point the accusing finger at Joomla) and they're expecting a different outcome. Not once have I seen people (who have these problems, I mean) lift a finger to help themselves, volunteer the information that may help themselves and others like them.

Earlier in this topic I provided some suggestions. Those suggestions fell on deaf ears (or blind eyes). What else would you like me, as a member of the community (who is blessed with the good fortune to not have these "security token problems") to do for those who won't help themselves? ??? :pop
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

tenaki
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby tenaki » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:04 pm

I will wait until it happens again and then post an FPA

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby sozzled » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:52 pm

tenaki wrote:I will wait until it happens again and then post an FPA
Let me see if I correctly understand what you're writing.

This problem happens occasionally. This is not a constantly occurring problem? This problem doesn't really matter to you if it's resolved or not? You're happy to allow things to continue? You just want someone to resolve a non-problem to you? Is that what you're saying?

Fair enough (if that's what you want to do) but, in the meantime, please don't let your frustration boil over into continuing calls for "the Joomla developers" to "do something" about this. OK? ;)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

guru4rmzion
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:47 am

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby guru4rmzion » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:36 am

gilles007 wrote:Thanks catalano !
Your tip worked for me. Although there was no need for me to update Akeeba Backup...simply clearing the Joomla cache solved the issue.
Thanks again for sharing.


Yeaaaahhh I cleared cache and that worked like magic for me .... hooooooraaaaya

User avatar
Josh Lewis
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood,WA
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby Josh Lewis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Still experiencing this issue with Joomla 3.7.5. As mentioned above the plugin System - Page Cache is creating the issue. As someone who really wants caching it's not as simple as disabling the plugin (this fixes the issue at the cost of performance). In my case I think there is a conflict with EasySocial authentication and logging in on a menu item that uses it's menu items. When the cache is cleared the issue does not come up on articles. The compromise was to go into "System - Page Cache" and select the menu items the conflict happens on. I also use JotCache in html file cache mode (I recall this issue happens without this extension). It's a little tricky to cherry pick the menu items followed by having to keep clearing the cache; but it's well worth it.

On a side note I see logging in on a EasySocial profile page doesn't generate an issue with cache enabled on that view. Perhaps it has to do with the home menu item being the stream?

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby sozzled » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Josh Lewis wrote:As mentioned above the plugin System - Page Cache is creating the issue.
Do you know what the System - Page Cache plugin does? Did you search for information about this plugin? ???

This plugin is disabled, by default, on new installations of Joomla. There are good reasons why some plugins are disabled, by default, on new installations of Joomla; it's because many/most Joomla websites don't require them.

I would also like to add (repeat) what I've written before:
sozzled wrote:I don't know the answer. I'm not saying that this isn't a genuine problem with Joomla. I'm not qualified to make any assessment on the matter.

I don't know if the problems discussed in this topic are attributable to server side caching: I'm not sure if the System - Page Cache plugin is involved or not involved. There is, however, evidence to strongly suggest that enabling this plugin may have the effect that people encounter.

I accept that seeing messages like "the most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token ... please refresh the page and try again" may cause people to reach into the medicine cabinet to obtain a packet of pain relievers. I accept that some people encounter these messages too frequently. On the other hand, while I have experienced these kinds of symptoms myself, I can't remember the last time I experienced this problem.

Theoretically, Joomla's caching system should be agnostic about the services that may be needed to enable server side caching. These services—I don't know the names of them—may be implemented in different ways depending on the platform(s) used to host Joomla.

Sometimes caching helps; sometimes it hinders; depends on what you're trying to achieve. For example, when I'm building a website, I disable all caching; it makes no sense to enable server-side caching when I'm the only person using a website, when I want to immediately see the results of changes that I'm making to a website when I'm in the construction phase. It's after I've finished the construction phase that I'll decide whether I think caching will be helpful. For example, if the site I've built will display content that's mostly static then it might be useful to save a few milliseconds of processor time to regenerate that content and to display the information stored in cache instead. For sites that I know will have actively-changing content in response to the GET requests that it receives, then caching is probably ineffective and it's worth the few extra milliseconds of processor time to assemble the HTML package.

Further, because everyone's sites are different—and the Joomla developers cannot be reasonably expected to second-guess all of the different ways that we users of Joomla may assemble our websites—asking the Joomla developers to accept that there's a problem—to accept this as an article of faith—and expect them to be able to explain why these problems exist may be attempting the impossible. It's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack without knowing the construction or the whereabouts of the haystack; not all haystacks look alike (and that's why the Forum Post Assistant tool was developed to help developers and experienced users understand the composition of the millions of different Joomla "haystacks" around the world today).

What's evident from this discussion—and others like it—is absence of Forum Post Assistant reports that may give us some clues. I'm not saying that the FPA reports are guaranteed to resolve the problem ... but we have to start somewhere, don't we? As the sub-heading states "if you are serious about wanting help ..."; in the meantime, add this topic to the list of unsolved (and probably unresolvable) problems that people would like resolved. 8)
Guess what? Still, no-one has provided a FPA report that may allow the Joomla developers to get a handle on the problem!
Last edited by sozzled on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

User avatar
Josh Lewis
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood,WA
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby Josh Lewis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:48 pm

sozzled wrote:
Josh Lewis wrote:As mentioned above the plugin System - Page Cache is creating the issue.
Do you know what the System - Page Cache plugin does? Did you search for information about this plugin? ???

This plugin is disabled, by default, on new installations of Joomla. There are good reasons why some plugins are disabled, by default, on new installations of Joomla; it's because many/most Joomla websites don't require them.


You're right that my word choice should have been better. I was thinking from the perspective of users who will read this. What I should have said was System - Page Cache comes in conflict with various Joomla authentication systems and should be handled with care. In a sense I defended the cache plugin by explaining a potential round about way to make it still work while having extensions that conflict with page cache. Further more I emphasised the strong need for the cache plugin; for many of us it's a requirement to speed up our sites and reduce server load. Especially for community driven sites.

Clearing the cache or disabling the plugin has solved the conflict in many cases which is compelling evidence that it's related. However it's not necessarily Joomla's fault (although is worthy of an analytical evaluation). I'm guessing the caching mechanism attempts to cache the token, it ends up failing, then becomes the default response until it is cleared again.

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby sozzled » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:04 pm

I agree with you that it may be worth deeper analysis but, to date, all that we've seen written in this topic (and many other like it on this forum) is a slew of assertions, criticisms and "pointing-the-finger-at-'Joomla'". I'm not suggesting that you have done any of these things yourself; you've been fairly patient, understanding and helpful. I am, however, saying that there are a lot of other people who have been less tolerant, intolerant and unhelpful.

And, therefore, for the benefit of others reading this topic, I dearly wish that they would read this topic and accept some ownership themselves of the problems that they're having. Alas, I think that advice mostly reaches blind eyes and closed minds.

Josh Lewis wrote:What I should have said was System - Page Cache comes in conflict with various Joomla authentication systems and should be handled with care.
Better choice of words ;) but, again, most people look at the word "cache" in the plugin name and say to themselves, "I've got to get me one of them things" ... and they have no idea what they're doing, how it works, or whether it will do what they want.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

SupraBrake
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:18 am

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby SupraBrake » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 pm

1.- Go to Extension > Manage > Database.
2.-Click "Fix".
3.- log out and log in

User avatar
andypooz
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:03 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby andypooz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Bloody hell. Are you guys still banging on about this issue?
Andy Hickey
Bespoke Joomla Extension Developer
http://www.netamity.com

User avatar
effrit
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 pm
Location: middle of Russia
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby effrit » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Sad things - its still happening.
We discuss it on local forum today - some people cant login without browser changing.
This issue is like Joomla ghost - it may disappear but not go away.

User avatar
darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:57 pm
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby darb » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:30 am

I agree this stuff should be a priority to fix or remove for Joomla core.

I disable it always and have this problem since Joomla 1.0 never worked and I have host Siteground. And no 3pds works with it...always a problem.
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

User avatar
jazss-1968
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 am

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby jazss-1968 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:11 am

I updated to Akeeba Pro 5.6.3 and the problem is solved

User avatar
effrit
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 pm
Location: middle of Russia
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby effrit » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:51 am

i had it again on mostly clean local installation 3.8.5.
all i did - just install 'News Show Pro GK5' module, and after one hour i cant login is admin.
so i cleaned _session table and it solved the problem.

User avatar
JAVesey
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace
Posts: 1638
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 1:21 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Contact:

Re: The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try a

Postby JAVesey » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:08 pm

effrit wrote:i had it again on mostly clean local installation 3.8.5.
all i did - just install 'News Show Pro GK5' module, and after one hour i cant login is admin.
so i cleaned _session table and it solved the problem.
Have you raised this issue with the devs of the "News Show Pro GK5" module? Sounds to me like that's the cuprit rather than Joomla core/system cache plugin.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Website: https://www.llanmon.org.uk (Joomla 3.8.7)


Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests