Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.7 fails

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x? Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
carealto
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.7 fails

Postby carealto » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:25 am

I have a website (http://www.allendale-holidays.co.uk) which is currently running on Joomla 3.1.1 and php 5.6.34. I am trying to migrate the Joomla version to a later version - as a first step, to go to the 3.2.7 offered as an upgrade path. I am currently getting two errors:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/13/d73431826/htdocs/Allendale/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 664

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/13/d73431826/htdocs/Allendale/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 667

Any advice?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.7 fails

Postby Per Yngve Berg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:15 pm

It's a warning that your Joomla version is to old for your php version.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.7 fails

Postby AMurray » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:It's a warning that your Joomla version is to old for your php version.

I don't understand this explanation? The minimum for Joomla 3.x is PHP 5.3.10 therefore 5.3.34 should be OK?
(I think it's the way you've written it. I'm not a coder but my understanding in this context, deprecated simply means something like "obsolete" but not necessarily "wrong" (since it was correct code in earlier PHP versions).

To the OP you can suppress those errors turning off the error reporting in configuration.php
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”