J3.8.13 to 3.9.1 Upgrade - jInstaller SQL Duplicate Entry Error

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x? Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cpartsenidis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

J3.8.13 to 3.9.1 Upgrade - jInstaller SQL Duplicate Entry Error

Post by cpartsenidis » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been working with Joomla for a very long time and it's the first time I'm encountering an error during the upgrade process from J3.8.13 to J3.9.1.

White the upgrade process notes that the site has been updated, I'm getting an error regarding an SQL table:

SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1062.

Please see attached photo for more info.

I've been trying this on my staging domain first and discovered that a Database fix will show 5 database problems after the upgrade (see attached photo), so I'm suspecting there might be a bug here.

If anyone can provide any type of input it would be much appreciated. Should I proceed with the upgrade on the live site and then attempt to fix the database or shall I follow a different path?

Looking forward to your input and help.

Many thanks,

Chris.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: J3.8.13 to 3.9.1 Upgrade - jInstaller SQL Duplicate Entry Error

Post by Webdongle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:07 pm

That type of error usually occurs with sites that have been migrated or sites that were originally installed with 3rd party installations.

Recover by replacing the failed update ... then
viewtopic.php?f=714&t=793531 please
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”