Upgraded recently from 3.8.11 to 3.9 and now the backend (administrator) is blank. Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x? Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
chiemekailo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Upgraded recently from 3.8.11 to 3.9 and now the backend (administrator) is blank.

Post by chiemekailo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 am

HI

Upgraded recently from 3.8.11 to 3.9 and now the backend (administrator) is blank.

After enabling public
$error_reporting = 'development';
in
configuration.php
Error is:
Fatal error: Class 'JToolbarHelper' not found in /home/appcedar/public_html/administrator/components/com_cpanel/views/cpanel/view.html.php on line 36
'

Any ideas how to correct this?
n/b: The upgrade hung for a while and ultimately failed to complete. I am so sad because, for the first time, I did not first backup.

Thanks, Chiemeka

chiemekailo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Upgraded recently from 3.8.11 to 3.9 and now the backend (administrator) is blank.

Post by chiemekailo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:34 am

Solved the Problem.
I went through all the folders by date and replaced only the ones that were updated at the time (actually only one). And then I could log in again.
Have updated and all is well.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”