Error after an update from version 1.5 Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Post Reply
Manon C
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Error after an update from version 1.5

Post by Manon C » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Hello every one,

I had to migrate an old site from the 1.5 version of Joomla! to the last version. Like I'm a beginner and it looks complicated to make the update, I created a new site in Joomla 3 version and then import my data from the old site. Everything is on ionos and I used the click and install link that the site provides.

After some adjustments like going in Extensions > Manage > Database and fix the errors found by the system, I still have two errors in the administration panel saying this :
Unknown column 'a.language' in 'on clause'
Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'field list'
I can see it again when I try to go in Content > Articles with the error code 500 and it don't allow me to see the articles. :(

Can anybody help me to resolve this ?
Thanks in advance

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 22235
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Error after an update from version 1.5

Post by pe7er » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Looks like your #__content table is missing two fields: language + featured.
You might be able to manually fix the database table:

I would use phpmyadmin (database GUI that is available on a lot of hosting packages)
and try to add those fields manually (after making sure of having a good backup of the current site).

At https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/bl ... joomla.sql you can see the database structure.
Look for the part that begins with:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `#__content` (
You can use phpmyadmin to add the fields.

Or run an SQL query like the following (note: untested SQL query; use at your own risk! ) :

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE #__content
ADD COLUMN `featured` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Set if article is featured.' AFTER `metadata`,
ADD COLUMN `language` char(7) NOT NULL COMMENT 'The language code for the article.' AFTER `featured`;
replace #__content with the prefix + "content" field in your database.
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Co-developer of d2 Content https://data2site.com/joomla-extensions/d2-content

Manon C
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Re: Error after an update from version 1.5

Post by Manon C » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:42 pm

Great ! The Github link is what I needed, I added the fields missing and it works.
Thank you @pe7er !!

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 22235
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Error after an update from version 1.5

Post by pe7er » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:06 am

You're welcome! Good to hear that you got it working!
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Co-developer of d2 Content https://data2site.com/joomla-extensions/d2-content


Post Reply

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”