Update available notification

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?
a2zcs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Update available notification

Post by a2zcs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Recently updated a website to 3.9.22 and more recently 3.9.23, but for some reason I am still getting the Update Available notifications saying the site is still at 3.9.21. Tried reinstalling the core files, but with no luck.

Upgraded another 180 or so sites without any issues.

Any idea how to get this plugin to recognize the correct installation? Or is this indicative of some other issue?

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Update available notification

Post by AMurray » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Did you clear the cache (joomla)- there is specific "purge cache" option in the Update screen, or in the Extensions / Manage screen, clearing the cache there may also help.

Can you post the results of the FPA to this thread (it will tell us what Joomla version is installed). Refer to
https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ (also take note of the information in the red box, at top of screen).

Can you try the Upload and Update method - download the update package (downloads.joomla.org) and update it through "Upload and Update" screen (in Joomla update component).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Update available notification

Post by sozzled » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Probably another one of those automatically de-activated entries in Extensions » Manage » Update Sites. ??? See
  1. viewtopic.php?f=710&t=977548&p=3619201#p3619201; and
  2. viewtopic.php?f=710&t=977548&p=3619201#p3613863 (with a reference to the the purge cache option myth)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”