Joomla 3 Discover finds IDNA Convert, FOF, PHPass

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
pwiseman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 3 Discover finds IDNA Convert, FOF, PHPass

Post by pwiseman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:15 am

This relates to an old question as I encountered the same problem and could find any posted solutions
* viewtopic.php?t=980411

I have an old site (running 2.5) that I've upgraded before in a test environment, but it had issues. I'm getting back to investigating those issues as I need to get the main site from 2.5 to at least 3.

The Installer Discovery tool was finding IDNA Convert, FOF, PHPass which are core libraries.

Attempt to "install" resulted in an error due to the core folder already existing.
* IDNA Convert. Discover install failed.: 10091

The files themselves looked current (i.e. compared to 3.10.3).

Fixed by running the following

update j3_extensions set extension_id = 104, name='IDNA Convert', enabled=1, protected=1, state=0 where name = 'idna_convert';
update j3_extensions set extension_id = 105, name='FOF', enabled=1, protected=1, state=0 where name = 'fof';
update j3_extensions set extension_id = 106, name='PHPass', enabled=1, protected=1, state=0 where name = 'phpass';

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”