To upgrade from 3.9.14 to 3.9.28 Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
FuzMic
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

To upgrade from 3.9.14 to 3.9.28

Post by FuzMic » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 am

Greetings Guys

I am so accustomed to Joomla auto update with just one click that i am now uncertain how to do otherwise.

I have an localhost website running on 3.9.14. The system offers to update to 3.10.3, however for reasons of compatibility & experiment, I would like to update to instead 3.9.28.

I have downloaded Joomla_3.9.28-Stable-Update_Package.zip 6,065,352. Do I upgrade at the "Upload package file" or something else. Please help.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: To upgrade from 3.9.14 to 3.9.28

Post by toivo » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:16 am

The option is 'Upload & Update', then select the .zip file you downloaded and the website will get updated.

Are all the third party extensions compatible with the latest versions of 3.9? Do a full backup before the update.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

FuzMic
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by FuzMic » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:33 am

Thank you bro

Is it under Extension Install > Upload & Install Joomla extension.

I use this option by selecting the Joomla_3.9.28-Stable-Update_Package.zip .. but.. nothing happening.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:08 am

@FuzMic: You cannot use the Extensions manager to update J!. The ability to do this was removed before J! 3.4 (I can't remember the exact date but if you search the forum you can find out for yourself).

@toivo was saying that you use Upload & Update in the Joomla! Update component. If you need more information, see the documentation pages on how to update J! https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Updating_f ... ng_version
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

FuzMic
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by FuzMic » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 am

Thanks mate; OMG it is the first I click Components to see the familiar auto J! update location.

There is a limit of 8M is this cause why nothing happens when i select the update .zip & click upload & install. If so, is the limition due my localhost server. The Media option limit is only for media uploads.

PS: In another localhost server in the php.ini the post_max_size=40M then all going good. RESOLVED. again around thanks.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:01 am

FuzMic wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 am
There is a limit of 8M is this cause why nothing happens when i select the update .zip & click upload & install.
If you are referring to the "8M" involving the PHP setting Max. POST Size then change it. It's your "localhost server" just as, with anyone else who uses a "localhost server", other people change the inadequate default settings used for PHP in Wampserver, XAMPP, and the like.

If you would like more information about some things you can do with your "localhost server", please feel free to contact any of the more experienced members or forum moderators of this community who, I'm sure, will be happy to give you the benefit of their experience. 8)
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

FuzMic
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by FuzMic » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:23 am

@sozzled Mate, Thank you, very caring. I i think this matter of upgrading to 3.9.28 is resolved. Thus i am moving on, up my learning curve with a helping hand from peers like you from down under. ;D ;)

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”