Fatal error: Call to undefined method

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Fatal error: Call to undefined method

Post by mkoontz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Tried to upgrade from 2.5.14 to 3.1.5 using the built in Joomla! updater.
I of course backed up my site first and setup a test site to work on this.
I have checked the extensions I have installed.
I have a few installed from NoNumber and Rocket Theme then 5 more which are jhackguard, adminexile, admin forever, Akeeba Backup & Admin Tools and all of them are said to be compatible with Joomla 3.x.

The first time I tried performing the upgrade I got some kind of error message regarding mootools missing or not being installed. Sorry for not being able to be more specific. I didn't think to write it down and since then I have not been able to repeat it. All I get now with "system default" setting for error reporting is a blank white page.

I restored from the backup and set the error reporting to Maximum. When I did this and performed the upgrade the second time I got 2 different error messages. The first one said:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method [b]RuntimeException[/b]::get() in /home/www/mkoontz/xeiropraktiki.gr/joomla3/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 797
When I tried to access the site again after it had failed the error message changed slightly to:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method [b]InvalidArgumentException[/b]::get() in /home/www/mkoontz/xeiropraktiki.gr/joomla3/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 797
The information from the error.php file on line 797 is the following:

797	$document->setTitle(JText::_('Error') . ': ' . $error->get('code'));

Any help with solving this would be greatly appreciated.

regards!
Last edited by mkoontz on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined method

Post by mkoontz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 pm

In trying to continue with this and hoping that an extension was to blame I uninstalled all the extensions except for Akeeba Backup and it still failed.

As I'm writing this I realized I forgot to mention that I am running a multilingual site with the Greek language pack installed. I just checked and saw that there is no Greek language pack for Joomla! 3.0. My guess is that this is most likely my problem. What do you guys think?

In the future, when a Greek Language pack is available for Joomla! 3.0 how should an upgrade be handled? Should the 2.5 language pack be uninstalled before the upgrade then install the 3.0 compatible language pack after the upgrade is finished?

regards!

EDIT
Just tried again with new backup, all extensions removed except akeeba backup and removed the greek language pack and it still failed.

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Can you turn debug on and show the trace?
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:14 am

I have the exact same error doing the exact same upgrade. Difference is that all third-party plugins, modules and components are disabled. I've turned debug on, but can you explain what you mean by showing the trace?

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mkoontz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:22 am

sovainfo wrote:Can you turn debug on and show the trace?
Sorry, I'm new to this kind of debugging. Could you please be more specific? I have turned on Debugging in Global Configuration. I have also set error reporting to Maximum. You are asking me to show the "Trace" and I'm unfamiliar with that.

I also have another much simpler J.2.5.14 site which I attempted to upgrade and I am getting the same error message as I posted above. This second site I'm working on, which is NOT multilingual unlike the first one I posted about here, is using the standard beez2 template. I've removed all the extensions except for akeeba backup.

Here are lines 796 - 798 from the error.php file that is being referenced in the error message I see after attempting the upgrade.

796	@ob_end_clean();
797	$document->setTitle(JText::_('Error') . ': ' . $error->get('code'));
798	$data = $document->render(false, array('template' => $template, 'directory' => JPATH_THEMES, 'debug' => $config->get('debug')));
Please let me know what information you'd like me to post and I'll put it up. Thank you again for your help.

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 am

I am attempting the same thing -- migrating from 2.5.14 to 3.1.5 (on a test site from a backup) -- and get this error immediately after the upgrade:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method RuntimeException::get() in /home/hostfolder/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 797

If I manually go back to the administrator control panel, that page works (and in Joomla 3's style). But if I click on anything from core Joomla I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/hostfolder/public_html/administrator/components/com_content/controllers/article.php on line 32

The final directory, file, and the referenced line # change depending on what link I click.

The only pages in the admin that I can view without an error are that main control panel and the only two third-party components I did not uninstall (Akeeba Backup and Akeeba Admin Tools). Oddly enough, the front end of the site works OK, despite a consistent error message about the Tags components.

I've gone back and restored the 2.5.14 site about 10 times today and tried different combinations of components/modules/plugins, and I always end up in this same spot with the same errors after the upgrade to 3.1.4.

This last time I installed the J!3 version of my template before upgrading Joomla, so that's why the front-end is OK for once.

Sure would like to get to the bottom of this admin issue, however. Any ideas?

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:17 am

Pretty much the same ˆˆ Interestingly, the first time I tried it, it worked. Bombed when I re-enabled one plugin. It has failed every time since, despite doing exactly the same as I did the first time, then also trying other options! This site is quite basic too. I have it in test and can restore it back in about two minute now.

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 am

In debug mode it should give a stack trace of the problem. But it is having a problem with reporting the problem.

Try replacing 797

is_object($error) && $document->setTitle(JText::_('Error') . ': ' . $error->get('code'));

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mkoontz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 am

sovainfo wrote:In debug mode it should give a stack trace of the problem. But it is having a problem with reporting the problem.

Try replacing 797

is_object($error) && $document->setTitle(JText::_('Error') . ': ' . $error->get('code'));

I tried what you suggested and still got the same error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method RuntimeException::get() in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 797 
Though the difference being that the administrator section of the site is a little more usable but not much. I can now see the administrator control panel but I get error messages when I click on other items. For example, if I click on User Manager I get the following error message:

Notice: Undefined property: UsersController::$input in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_users/controller.php on line 60 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_users/controller.php on line 60 
Line 60 of the controller.php file is this:

$view   = $this->input->get('view', 'users');
If I click on Global Configuration I get the following error message:

Notice: Undefined property: ConfigController::$input in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_config/controller.php on line 43 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_config/controller.php on line 43 
Line 43 of that controller.php file is:

$vName = $this->input->get('view', 'application');
Because this is a test site, I have it in offline mode. When I go to try and login I get the following error message:

Notice: Undefined property: UsersControllerUser::$input in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/components/com_users/controllers/user.php on line 51 Fatal error: Call to a member function getBool() on a non-object in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/components/com_users/controllers/user.php on line 51 
line 51 of that file says:

$options['remember'] = $this->input->getBool('remember', false);
There are more but I'm getting tired of looking them all up. These error messages have to be from a much larger problem.

Any other ideas?

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:02 am

mkoontz wrote:
sovainfo wrote:

Notice: Undefined property: UsersController::$input in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_users/controller.php on line 60 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_users/controller.php on line 60 

Notice: Undefined property: ConfigController::$input in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_config/controller.php on line 43 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/administrator/components/com_config/controller.php on line 43 

Notice: Undefined property: UsersControllerUser::$input in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/components/com_users/controllers/user.php on line 51 Fatal error: Call to a member function getBool() on a non-object in /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/components/com_users/controllers/user.php on line 51 
There are more but I'm getting tired of looking them all up. These error messages have to be from a much larger problem.
This is exactly inline with what i'm experiencing. The only parts of the admin that are accessible are 3rd party components: Akeeba admin tools & backup; RSform worked the time I left that installed; Widgetkit worked the time I left that installed. However, it impossible to access any core features: extensions manager, article manager, core joomla update components, etc....

So, is this a bug with the latest update, or is there something particular to our installations?

FWIW, I'm hosting this on Hostgator in a reseller account running other Joomla 3 sites (not migrations, however; these were fresh Joomla 3 installs). PHP5.3 is enabled via htaccess.

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 am

Maybe you can post the Forum Post Assistent output mentioned in the header.
Starting to look like server configuration problem.

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:41 am

I've done successful 2.5.14 to 3.1.5 upgrades on the same test server, so it seems odd if it's a server issue.

Just tried a manual upgrade and got the same result. Third-party components accessible, Joomla not.

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mkoontz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 am

Should the FPA be used before or after the upgrade process?

The information in this FPA is from the stripped down version of my site. Only Akeeba Admin Tools and Backup and the latest Google Maps Plugin from Mike Reumer. Everything else has not just been disabled but uninstalled.
Here is the information from FPA before the upgrade is attempted:
Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.3) : 6th August 2013 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 2.5.14-Stable (Ember) 01-August-2013
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 11.4.0-Stable (Brian Kernighan) 03-Jan-2012
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (644) | Owner: mkoontz (uid: 1/gid: 1) | Group: mkoontz (gid: 1) | Valid For: 2.5
Configuration Options :: Offline: 1 | SEF: 1 | SEF Suffix: 0 | SEF ReWrite: 0 | .htaccess/web.config: No | GZip: 1 | Cache: 1 | FTP Layer: 0 | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: 0 | Language Debug: 0 | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: 0 | Database Credentials Present: Yes

Host Configuration :: OS: FreeBSD | OS Version: 7.4-RELEASE | Technology: i386 | Web Server: lighttpd/1.4.32 | Encoding: gzip, deflate | Doc Root: /home/www/mkoontz/n8solutions.org/ibodyiq3/ | System TMP Writable: Yes

PHP Configuration :: Version: 5.3.19 | PHP API: fpm-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: | Error Reporting: 22527 | Log Errors To: | Last Known Error: | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 32M | Max. POST Size: 32M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 128M

MySQL Configuration :: Version: 5.5.29 (Client:mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Id: 65fe78e70ce53d27a6cd578597722950e490b0d0 $) | Host: --protected-- (--protected--) | Collation: utf8_general_ci (Character Set: utf8) | Database Size: 4.73 MiB | #of Tables: 83
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (5.3.19) | date (5.3.19) | ereg () | libxml () | pcre () | Reflection ($Id: 593a0506b01337cfaf9f63ebc12cd60523fc2c41 $) | SPL (0.2) | hash (1.0) | session () | cgi-fcgi () | dom (20031129) | xmlreader (0.1) | zip (1.11.0) | bcmath () | standard (5.3.19) | openssl () | calendar () | mbstring () | mcrypt () | curl () | xmlwriter (0.1) | imap () | json (1.2.1) | ctype () | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Id: 65fe78e70ce53d27a6cd578597722950e490b0d0 $) | xml () | xsl (0.1) | bz2 () | mysql (1.0) | SQLite (2.0-dev) | fileinfo (1.0.5-dev) | zlib (1.1) | mysqli (0.1) | SimpleXML (0.1) | PDO (1.0.4dev) | pdo_mysql (1.0.2) | posix () | gettext () | Phar (2.0.1) | ftp () | pdo_sqlite (1.0.1) | filter (0.11.0) | exif (1.4 $Id$) | sqlite3 (0.7-dev) | iconv () | gd () | pdf (2.1.9) | intl (PECL-2.0.0b1) | tokenizer (0.1) | mhash () | ionCube Loader () | Zend Engine (2.3.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions :: suhosin |

Switch User Environment (Experimental) :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Custom SU (LiteSpeed/Cloud/Grid): Yes
Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (755) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: SITE :: com_wrapper (2.5.0) | com_mailto (2.5.0) |
Components :: ADMIN :: Admintools (2.5.6) | Akeeba (3.7.10) | com_weblinks (2.5.0) | com_users (2.5.0) | com_templates (2.5.0) | com_redirect (2.5.0) | com_search (2.5.0) | com_plugins (2.5.0) | com_newsfeeds (2.5.0) | com_modules (2.5.0) | com_messages (2.5.0) | com_menus (2.5.0) | com_media (2.5.0) | com_login (2.5.0) | com_languages (2.5.0) | com_joomlaupdate (2.5.0) | com_installer (2.5.0) | com_finder (2.5.0) | com_cpanel (2.5.0) | com_content (2.5.0) | com_config (2.5.0) | com_checkin (2.5.0) | com_categories (2.5.0) | com_cache (2.5.0) | com_banners (2.5.0) | com_admin (2.5.0) |

Modules :: SITE :: mod_wrapper (2.5.0) | mod_whosonline (2.5.0) | mod_weblinks (2.5.0) | mod_users_latest (2.5.0) | mod_syndicate (2.5.0) | mod_stats (2.5.0) | mod_search (2.5.0) | mod_related_items (2.5.0) | mod_random_image (2.5.0) | mod_menu (2.5.0) | mod_login (2.5.0) | mod_languages (2.5.0) | mod_footer (2.5.0) | mod_finder (2.5.0) | mod_feed (2.5.0) | mod_custom (2.5.0) | mod_breadcrumbs (2.5.0) | mod_banners (2.5.0) | mod_articles_popular (2.5.0) | mod_articles_news (2.5.0) | mod_articles_latest (2.5.0) | mod_articles_category (2.5.0) | mod_articles_categories (2.5.0) | mod_articles_archive (2.5.0) |
Modules :: ADMIN :: Admin Tools Joomla! Upgrade No (2.5.6) | mod_version (2.5.0) | mod_toolbar (2.5.0) | mod_title (2.5.0) | mod_submenu (2.5.0) | mod_status (2.5.0) | mod_quickicon (2.5.0) | mod_popular (2.5.0) | mod_multilangstatus (2.5.0) | mod_menu (2.5.0) | mod_login (2.5.0) | mod_logged (2.5.0) | mod_latest (2.5.0) | mod_feed (2.5.0) | mod_custom (2.5.0) |

Plugins :: SITE :: PLG_JMONITORING_AKEEBABACKUP_T (1.0) | plg_user_profile (2.5.0) | plg_user_joomla (2.5.0) | plg_user_contactcreator (2.5.0) | System - Admin Tools (2.5.6) | plg_system_sef (2.5.0) | plg_system_remember (2.5.0) | plg_system_redirect (2.5.0) | System - Google Maps (3.1) | plg_system_p3p (2.5.0) | plg_system_logout (2.5.0) | plg_system_log (2.5.0) | plg_system_languagefilter (2.5.0) | plg_system_languagecode (2.5.0) | plg_system_highlight (2.5.0) | plg_system_debug (2.5.0) | plg_system_cache (2.5.0) | plg_search_weblinks (2.5.0) | plg_search_newsfeeds (2.5.0) | plg_search_content (2.5.0) | plg_search_contacts (2.5.0) | plg_search_categories (2.5.0) | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (2.5.0) | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (2.5.0) | plg_finder_weblinks (2.5.0) | plg_finder_newsfeeds (2.5.0) | plg_finder_content (2.5.0) | plg_finder_contacts (2.5.0) | plg_finder_categories (2.5.0) | plg_extension_joomla (2.5.0) | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (2.5.0) | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (2.5.0) | plg_editors-xtd_image (2.5.0) | plg_editors-xtd_article (2.5.0) | plg_editors_tinymce (3.5.4.1) | plg_editors_codemirror (1.0) | plg_content_vote (2.5.0) | plg_content_pagenavigation (2.5.0) | plg_content_pagebreak (2.5.0) | plg_content_loadmodule (2.5.0) | plg_content_joomla (2.5.0) | plg_content_geshi (2.5.0) | plg_content_finder (2.5.0) | plg_content_emailcloak (2.5.0) | plg_captcha_recaptcha (2.5.0) | plg_authentication_ldap (2.5.0) | plg_authentication_joomla (2.5.0) | plg_authentication_gmail (2.5.0) |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: SITE :: beez_20 (2.5.0) | beez5 (2.5.0) | atomic (2.5.0) |
Templates :: ADMIN :: hathor (2.5.0) | bluestork (2.5.0) |

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Well, who'd have guessed ;) Just did a successful 2.5.14 to 3.0.1 upgrade followed by a successful 3.0.1 to 3.1.5 upgrade.

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mkoontz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Nicely wrote:Well, who'd have guessed ;) Just did a successful 2.5.14 to 3.0.1 upgrade followed by a successful 3.0.1 to 3.1.5 upgrade.
Didn't work for me. I decided to give it a shot but ultimately no love :'(
Maybe someone else will be able to figure out what's going on.

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:31 pm

OK. I just tried the same process successfully with a second site on my test server.

Did you get the 2.5 to 3.0.1 upgrade from here: http://www.joomla.org/announcements/rel ... eased.html? And install through extension manager?

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Nicely wrote:OK. I just tried the same process successfully with a second site on my test server.

Did you get the 2.5 to 3.0.1 upgrade from here: http://www.joomla.org/announcements/rel ... eased.html? And install through extension manager?
I tried that once during my juggernaut yesterday. Can't remember the exact error, but it also didn't work.

I've got to deal with a bunch of other stuff today. I'll see if I can try that out this afternoon. Thanks!

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mkoontz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Nicely wrote:OK. I just tried the same process successfully with a second site on my test server.

Yes I got the upgrade file from there but I did not install it via extension manager. I simply unpacked it directly on the server. It was a little buggy and didn't work quite right at that point but it worked better than 3.1.5 so I just went with it but it didn't work.

I tried installing it via extension manager just now and it worked a little better but it still had a few minor problems going from 2.5.14 to 3.0.1. Then when I went directly to 3.0.1 to 3.1.5 things really blew up. Here is the error code I got when I did that.

An error has occurred.

1062 Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `drk_content_types` -- INSERT INTO `drk_content_types` (`type_id`, `type_title`, `type_alias`, `table`, `rules`, `field_mappings`,`router`) VALUES (1, 'Article', 'com_content.article', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__content","key":"id","type":"Content","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"state","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created","core_modified_time":"modified","core_body":"introtext", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"publish_up","core_publish_down":"publish_down","core_access":"access", "core_params":"attribs", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"images", "core_urls":"urls", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"ordering", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"catid", "core_xreference":"xreference", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"fulltext":"fulltext"}]}','ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute'), (2, 'Weblink', 'com_weblinks.weblink', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__weblinks","key":"id","type":"Weblink","prefix":"WeblinksTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"state","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created","core_modified_time":"modified","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"publish_up","core_publish_down":"publish_down","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"images", "core_urls":"urls", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"ordering", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"catid", "core_xreference":"xreference", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": []}','WeblinksHelperRoute::getWeblinkRoute'), (3, 'Contact', 'com_contact.contact', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__contact_details","key":"id","type":"Contact","prefix":"ContactTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"name","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created","core_modified_time":"modified","core_body":"address", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"publish_up","core_publish_down":"publish_down","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"image", "core_urls":"webpage", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"ordering", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"catid", "core_xreference":"xreference", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{"con_position":"con_position","suburb":"suburb","state":"state","country":"country","postcode":"postcode","telephone":"telephone","fax":"fax","misc":"misc","email_to":"email_to","default_con":"default_con","user_id":"user_id","mobile":"mobile","sortname1":"sortname1","sortname2":"sortname2","sortname3":"sortname3"}]}','ContactHelperRoute::getContactRoute'), (4, 'Newsfeed', 'com_newsfeeds.newsfeed', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__newsfeeds","key":"id","type":"Newsfeed","prefix":"NewsfeedsTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"name","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created","core_modified_time":"modified","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"publish_up","core_publish_down":"publish_down","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"images", "core_urls":"link", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"ordering", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"catid", "core_xreference":"xreference", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{"numarticles":"numarticles","cache_time":"cache_time","rtl":"rtl"}]}','NewsfeedsHelperRoute::getNewsfeedRoute'), (5, 'User', 'com_users.user', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__users","key":"id","type":"User","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"name","core_state":"null","core_alias":"username","core_created_time":"registerdate","core_modified_time":"lastvisitDate","core_body":"null", "core_hits":"null","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","access":"null", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"null", "core_language":"null", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"null", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"null", "core_metadesc":"null", "core_catid":"null", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{}]}','UsersHelperRoute::getUserRoute'), (6, 'Article Category', 'com_content.category', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__categories","key":"id","type":"Category","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"parent_id", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path","extension":"extension","note":"note"}]}','ContentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute'), (7, 'Contact Category', 'com_contact.category', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__categories","key":"id","type":"Category","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"parent_id", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path","extension":"extension","note":"note"}]}','ContactHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute'), (8, 'Newsfeeds Category', 'com_newsfeeds.category', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__categories","key":"id","type":"Category","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"parent_id", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path","extension":"extension","note":"note"}]}','NewsfeedsHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute'), (9, 'Weblinks Category', 'com_weblinks.category', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__categories","key":"id","type":"Category","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"null", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"null", "core_urls":"null", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"parent_id", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"asset_id"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path","extension":"extension","note":"note"}]}','WeblinksHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute'), (10, 'Tag', 'com_tags.tag', '{"special":{"dbtable":"#__tags","key":"tag_id","type":"Tag","prefix":"TagsTable","config":"array()"},"common":{"dbtable":"#__core_content","key":"ucm_id","type":"Corecontent","prefix":"JTable","config":"array()"}}', '', '{"common":[{"core_content_item_id":"id","core_title":"title","core_state":"published","core_alias":"alias","core_created_time":"created_time","core_modified_time":"modified_time","core_body":"description", "core_hits":"hits","core_publish_up":"null","core_publish_down":"null","core_access":"access", "core_params":"params", "core_featured":"featured", "core_metadata":"metadata", "core_language":"language", "core_images":"images", "core_urls":"urls", "core_version":"version", "core_ordering":"null", "core_metakey":"metakey", "core_metadesc":"metadesc", "core_catid":"null", "core_xreference":"null", "asset_id":"null"}], "special": [{"parent_id":"parent_id","lft":"lft","rgt":"rgt","level":"level","path":"path"}]}','TagsHelperRoute::getTagRoute'); 

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:47 pm

OK, I restored my 2.5.14 backup and then downloaded this:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... ackage.zip

I installed it through the Extension Manager, and ended up at this URL:
/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=install
With the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/administrator/templates/isis/error.php on line 114
I get this on every URL in the admin, core Joomla AND third-party extensions. Nothing is accessible.

Meanwhile the front end shows this error on all pages:

Error: 500
JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found.
I went into the database and assigned different front-end and admin templates.

When I changed the admin template from Isis to Bluestork the error message went from the above in black on a plain white background to that "JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found." error, but inside the Bluestork wrapper this time.

The same "JHtmlBehavior::mootools not found." error appears in the front-end regardless of template, Protostar or two others I had installed.

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:30 pm

mkoontz, I received the same message after the 3.0.1 to 3.1.5 upgrade. As it was a duplicate entry, I continued without problem (with both upgrades). The DB needs a fix and you need to do a Discover and install all 3.x listed items (probably Tag items). You may have issues front-end when enabling plugins. I found that having or installing J3.0 versions sorted most issues.

wirecreative, the mootools error will almost certainly be caused by one of your plugins (try the NoNumber and Xmap extensions particularly). I disabled ALL non-Joomla Project plugins before starting. With the last upgrade, I removed several components too (e.g. Xmap, eXtplorer, Joooid).

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mkoontz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:07 am

Nicely wrote:mkoontz, I received the same message after the 3.0.1 to 3.1.5 upgrade. As it was a duplicate entry, I continued without problem (with both upgrades). The DB needs a fix and you need to do a Discover and install all 3.x listed items (probably Tag items). You may have issues front-end when enabling plugins. I found that having or installing J3.0 versions sorted most issues.
Thanks for the tip. You were right! It was late yesterday and after I got that error message I basically said f*** it LOL. That's when I posted that error message. However, since I did the upgrade path of 2.5 to 3.01 to 3.1.5 the administrator back end functioned just fine. I did the Discover for the extensions as you said and that worked great. The only problem I have now is that the Beez20 theme is a bit off. The contact page I had created on the site isn't displaying correctly but that's for another thread. It would be nice if there was a simpler way to upgrade but I guess this will have to do for now. Thanks again for your help and I hope this helps others here looking for solutions to this as well!

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:40 am

8) Cool stuff! I agree that you'd hope it would just work out of the tin. Still, I started off thinking I couldn't upgrade 2.5 to 3.0 at all, so I'm fairly happy. I've had some issues, but they seem to all be compatibility issues resolved with updated extensions. I was quite surprised my Joomlart J2.5-only template worked without an issue.

The main problem I had when uploading a test site to live this morning was forgetting that Magic Quotes had to be turned off for J3.0 on the hosting server and it wasn't.... :-\

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Had some more time today to work on this, and I have had more success, but only after uninstalling everything -- including Akeeba Backup and Admin Tools. On previous attempts I uninstalled everything BUT those Akeeba components.

Once I removed them, however, I have been able to install the 3.0.1 update via the extension manager and, despite a 500 error immediately after the install, was able to manually return to the admin control panel and access the core Joomla Update component to get to 3.1.5. So far no further errors.

rbuelund
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by rbuelund » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:21 pm

The sites mentioned here, have they been migrated from J!1.5 earlier on ?
I have discovered that if you have an element in your #__menu table with the id=23 - then the update to 3.1.5 from 2.5.14 will fail - I removed the element and it worked perfectly. Also be shure that if you try an update again from 2.5.14 - none of the new 3.x tables must be left behind in the db - otherwise the update will fail again - so you have to delete these tables:

_contentitem_tag_map
_content_types
_ucm_base
_ucm_content

before you try a new update from 2.5.14
Ronny Buelund
Coordinator of the Danish Joomla Translation Team: http://danskjoomla.dk
Owner of http://ableit.dk

mkoontz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by mkoontz » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:08 pm

My site was not an upgrade from 1.5 to 2.5. It was strictly a 2.5 to 3.0 to 3.1.5 upgrade.
Each time I got the error message I actually deleted the the database and the directory on the server and restored from scratch. I noticed the first time, when restoring, that if I didn't do this, the restore back to 2.5.14 would ultimately fail.

wirecreative
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wirecreative » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm

mkoontz wrote:My site was not an upgrade from 1.5 to 2.5. It was strictly a 2.5 to 3.0 to 3.1.5 upgrade.
Each time I got the error message I actually deleted the the database and the directory on the server and restored from scratch. I noticed the first time, when restoring, that if I didn't do this, the restore back to 2.5.14 would ultimately fail.
Same here, on all points.

Nicely
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nicely » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Though I had one site today, quite complex, three languages, and it upgraded. 2.5.14 to 3.1.5. Just one dodgy plugin. However, the 2.5 template's category blog layout doesn't work... :'(

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Did you apply changes to that override?

bennieblanco
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bennieblanco » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Has anyone found an actual solution to this?

What worked for me was this

1. Install manual Joomla 2.5.x to Joomla 3.0.1 pack as a Joomla extension
2. Go to Extensions -> Extensions Manager -> Database and click on Fix button
3. Go to Extensions -> Extensions Manager -> Discover and install discovered extensions
4. Upgrade from Joomla 3.0.1 to Joomla 3.1.5

but it bugs me because it makes no sense

If any extensions used were not compatible , than I would get errors from 2.5.14 to 3.0.1.
What I did notice is that the update fails at exactly 82.4% and I think it has something to do with tags component.

I also noticed an odd short page refresh on 82.4% right before the update fails.
High Quality Joomla Templates http://www.youjoomla.com
Joomla Templates | Free Joomla Templates | Joomla Tutorials

Rik Brown
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Rik Brown » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 am

@bennieblance & everyone

Same here. I'm just miffed at the work it took to get through the upgrade.

But this thread was indeed VERY helpful (in fact, critical) in getting us from 2.5.14 to 3.1.5. I couldn't have made it without all the tips herein as virtually all of those tips were necessary for us as well.

Egads!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”