Problem in updating to 3.2

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
jaweb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Problem in updating to 3.2

Post by jaweb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi, I had the same problem and thanks to mcqueena9845 I logged in and then pasted this url: administrator/index.php?option=com_content
I got access to the admin panel again. First thing I did was repair the database. There were some problems with wrong versions of tables. After I hit Repair my problems were solved!!

Hope this helps!

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 pm

For the record, the DB tab shows:
Database table structure is up to date.
Birnik

mcqueena9845
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mcqueena9845 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:16 pm

jaweb wrote:Hi, I had the same problem and thanks to mcqueena9845 I logged in and then pasted this url: administrator/index.php?option=com_content
I got access to the admin panel again. First thing I did was repair the database. There were some problems with wrong versions of tables. After I hit Repair my problems were solved!!

Hope this helps!
Did you run 'Fix' on the Extensions->Database page, or some other repair? The Database page showed no errors and after running 'Fix' the error still occurs for me.

hat7rick
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hat7rick » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:25 pm

mcqueena9845 wrote:
jaweb wrote:Hi, I had the same problem and thanks to mcqueena9845 I logged in and then pasted this url: administrator/index.php?option=com_content

Hope this helps!
Did you run 'Fix' on the Extensions->Database page, or some other repair? The Database page showed no errors and after running 'Fix' the error still occurs for me.
+1. same for me. There's no reported bug on tracker for this, i checked. are you gonna create a report? i'd put priority high

in the meantime I can view the panel fine by administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=database
but if i go to edit an article I get Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /home/legionru/public_html/legiontest/libraries/cms/editor/editor.php on line 459

Bug report created:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... 86&start=0

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by mbabker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 pm

With the world conference this weekend, a lot of the bright minds will be in the same building for the next few days. There are a couple issues we'll have to collaborate together on to figure out fixes for (or even duplicate, I've tried chasing two of the commonly reported errors all day without success), but know that these posts aren't being ignored.

sacautos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sacautos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:33 pm

My situation is exactly the same as mcqueena9845. I began originally as a 2.5 install and later updated to 3.0 .

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:44 pm

I think there are a couple of seperate issues here. I found access to my Joomla back end without using the control panel and ran te DB fix but the error persisted.

There was another method which several people said worked for the same error message on a remember.php file in another directory and that was to amend name to rememberBAK.php upload a new remember file from an archive... I think that suggestion may be in this thread or one a couple down in the same forum area.

But I tried that and it didn't work either.

In the meantime is there a way to delete the new component?

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:10 pm

sacautos wrote:My situation is exactly the same as mcqueena9845. I began originally as a 2.5 install and later updated to 3.0 .
I think this may be true of me too. I can't quite remember...

deadvirusllc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by deadvirusllc » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:57 am

To fix this issue open this file:
/public_html/administrator/components/com_postinstall/models/messages.php

change the following lines to match the ones below

$query = parent::buildQuery($overrideLimits=true); <----------------------------------change

$db = $this->getDbo();

// Add a forced extension filtering to the list
$eid = $this->getState('eid', 700);<---------------------------------------change
$query->where($db->qn('extension_id') . ' = ' . $db->q($eid));

// Force filter only enabled messages

$published = $this->getState('published', 1, 'int'); <-----------------------change
$query->where($db->qn('enabled') . ' = ' . $db->q($published));

return $query;

This will allow you into the backend as normal.

Open up your Joomla database and view the records located in the following table:

XXXXX_postinstall_messages

Then delete the records NOT the table. (This will make the post install alert go away whenever you first log in to the Cpanel)

If you click on: Post-installation Messages under Components you will get this error:
0 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `XXXXX_postinstall_cpanels

This table does not exist.

Just ignore the Post-installation Messages component until they fix whatever bug is causing it to fail.

Let me know if this helps!

NormanW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NormanW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:36 am

I am getting the message 0 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `jos_postinstall_messages` and no access to the control panel.

Mine was a clean install. I am running XAMPP control panel v3.2.1 as a local host.

From the XAMPP control panel I used Bitnami to download and install Joomla 3.1.5-2 from this link http://bitnami.com/stack/xampp?utm_sour ... ule#joomla

After install I logged in and immediately used the upgrade button and the programme upgraded to 3.2. At login I do not see the control panel. Because I am using a "local host" I am having trouble using the administrator/index.php?option= that is suggested, so I am stuck.

Look forward to hearing how to resolve this.

Norman

hansju
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hansju » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:02 am

mbabker wrote:There are a couple issues we'll have to collaborate together on to figure out fixes for (or even duplicate, I've tried chasing two of the commonly reported errors all day without success), but know that these posts aren't being ignored.
Appreciate it ;)
Have also tried both the db fix and the remember.php (just to be sure), but neither have provided me the backend "control panel" admin screen, mine is still white.
If it helps, I have also gone from a previous 2.5 version and upgraded via 3.0 to 3.15 without a noticeable glitch. But, the 3.2 gave me the problems.
And, all upgrades/updates from 3.0 have been autoupdates within the admin panel.
Hans Utne

NormanW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NormanW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:56 am

I have replicated the error message
0 SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `jos_postinstall_messages` and no control panel showing.

I started by deleting XAMPP completely from my system and rebooting.

Step 1 - downloaded XAMPP from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#522

Step 2 -Installed XAMPP on my system, Windows 7, using recommended settings

Step 3 - From XAMPP downloaded Joomla 3.1.5-2 from http://bitnami.com/download/files/stack ... e-windows-

installer.exe

Step - 3 Installed Joomla.

Step 4 - Opened Joomla 3.1.5 Control panel opened without a problem. Using the control panel button, which identified there was an upgrade to 3.2, downloaded and installed 3.2

Message comes to say "You have successfully upgraded to version 3.2

I then clicked on the System> Control Panel> button and immediately got the same error message, and no control panel.

Not sure whether the problem lies in the version of Apache/MySql or in Windows, but I replicated the error.

Norman

Jo80
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jo80 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:16 am

A) tried automatic update 3.1.5 -> 3.2.0 --> blank site, error:
SQL=/* Core 3.2 schema updates */ ALTER TABLE `jos_content_types` ADD COLUMN `content_history_options` VARCHAR(5120) NOT NULL COMMENT 'JSON string for com_contenthistory options';
SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `jos_postinstall_messages`

B) tried manual update 3.1.5 -> 3.2.0 --> same..

C) restored Backup, repaired DB

D) DEACTIVATED Akeeba Backup on Installroutine --> Update went fine.

hansju
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hansju » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:18 am

Thank you NormanW, you saved my day, not being alone with this issue 8)
That said, what puzzles me is that I have one site which works 100% (based on a 3.0 initial install), and the other migrated/updated from 2.5 which misbehaves :-[
Hans Utne

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 am

Hmz, now mentioning Akeeba, the only site that brokeup was actually the only one that had Akeeba installed during the update. The other sites don't have it.
I removed it, it doesn't fix the issue.

But it could be a conflict during the update between the FOF in core and FOF in Akeeba?
Birnik

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:32 am

OK, bug found and here is the fix.
1. Uninstall anything that is Akeeba Related - plugins, modules, components - all of them.
2. Uninstall FOF Library (Extensions-> Manage-> Filter by FOF), but NOT the one with id 105. The one to uninstall is actually with ID 10000+ something.
3. Re-upload the following folder from the Joomla! package: libraries/fof into your site.

Problem is fixed.

Regards,
Birnik
Birnik

NormanW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NormanW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi Birnik

Thanks for the information. Where do you uninstall Alkeeba? I have not installed it yo my knowledge. Mine is a clean installation from the Joomla dowload site, with no Akeeba that I am aware of.

Also In Extensions> Manage> I don't have FOF as an option in any of the four switch boxes under filter?

Which bit am I missing or have not understood?

Norman

hansju
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hansju » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:25 pm

birnik wrote:Problem is fixed
Sorry birnik. Although you did direct me to Akeeba, an older version still sitting in my db, but not used, so it has now been removed completely.
As for the rest, did not change my blank Control panel screen under Admin backend :-[
Hans Utne

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:32 pm

I don't know if it is the same problem. But in my case it was definitely from the old and new versions of this FOF library.
Birnik

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:34 pm

hansju wrote:
birnik wrote:Problem is fixed
Sorry birnik. Although you did direct me to Akeeba, an older version still sitting in my db, but not used, so it has now been removed completely.
As for the rest, did not change my blank Control panel screen under Admin backend :-[
Did you reuploaded the folder /libraries/fof?

If yes, you may try to first delete it and then reupload it again.
Birnik

hansju
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hansju » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:42 pm

birnik,

Yes I did, but will try your suggested delete/re-upload later today. But, should I do any other action in-between the deletion and the new upload?
Hans Utne

hansju
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hansju » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 pm

birnik,

That did the trick, at least as a starter !
Will check the site later today and give you a status. THANK YOU!
Hans Utne

birnik
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by birnik » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:48 pm

hansju wrote:birnik,

That did the trick, at least as a starter !
Will check the site later today and give you a status. THANK YOU!
Great to hear. There are probably some old files from FOF that are breaking the admin panel.
Birnik

joeoliva
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Problem in updating to 3.2 (SOLVED!)

Post by joeoliva » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 pm

SOLVED!

GO TO THE NEXT url:http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/administrator/ ... w=database

Then click on the button on the left top fix.
see image
2013-11-08_095433.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NormanW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NormanW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Joeoliva:

Thank you. That fixed my problem. I can now load the control panel.

Good job.

Norman

hat7rick
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hat7rick » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:11 pm

birnik wrote:OK, bug found and here is the fix.
1. Uninstall anything that is Akeeba Related - plugins, modules, components - all of them.
2. Uninstall FOF Library (Extensions-> Manage-> Filter by FOF), but NOT the one with id 105. The one to uninstall is actually with ID 10000+ something.
3. Re-upload the following folder from the Joomla! package: libraries/fof into your site.

Problem is fixed.

Regards,
Birnik
this will probably sound stupid but do we do this before or after updating to 3.2? (and the reupload is from which version?)

mcqueena9845
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mcqueena9845 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

birnik wrote:OK, bug found and here is the fix.

Problem is fixed.

Regards,
Birnik
I confirm this fix worked for me. Previously I had uninstalled Akeeba when I upgraded to 3.0, but I guess the FOF library was still around. Anyway all looks good now.

sacautos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sacautos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:49 pm

I too had Akeeba Backup installed. I first tried just disabling it (and libr_fof) but that didn't work. It wasn't until I completed removed them and uploaded a fresh fof folder from the complete package did the admin panel start working again. Thanks for that!

hansju
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hansju » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:41 pm

birnik,

Have not found any other issues since the fof-replacement.
However, think I will have to check the server's joomla folder to see if there are more "hidden" or surplus files from previous versions, just to make sure in relation to coming updates ;)

Again, thanks!
Hans Utne

NormanW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NormanW » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:05 am

My assessment is that there are two separate issues:

1) Related to Akeeba [identified by birnik]
2) Related to database fault fix [identified by joeoliva]

I base this suggestion on my experience, because the error came after a clean install. I had not heard of Akeeba until I had the fault and have not (knowingly) installed Akeeba and I had no FOF Library installed. I am very new to Joomla and it may be that 1 and 2 are actually the same thing. I don't know.

Anyway, my install is now working - thanks to everyone for their help and work to find fixes.

N

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”