Joomla 3.6.4 administrator page is blank

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 3.6.4 administrator page is blank

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:34 am

I migrated joomla 3.6.4 from a subdirectory to the home directory which was version 1.5. And now when I try to bring up the joomla admin page to login the page is blank. The site itself comes up ok, but not the joomla admin page.

thanks
Last edited by toivo on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: bumping not allowed

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla 3.6.4 administrator page is blank

Post by leolam » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:07 am

Go to ftp and open configuration.php. Change

Code: Select all

public $error_reporting = 'default';
to

Code: Select all

public $error_reporting = 'maximum';
, reload the admin page and post here the error message you will see

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:36 am

Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::setErrorHandling() should not be called statically in /home/gingerma/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 18

Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::setErrorHandling() should not be called statically in /home/gingerma/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::setErrorHandling() should not be called statically in /home/gingerma/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 20

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::getCfg() in /home/gingerma/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 130

Thanks you very much for the help

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:54 am

by the way, I wanted to upgrade my joomla 1.5 so I made a folder in the public_html and installed 3.6.4 and worked on it. And everything on the site looked good and I was about to see the joomla admin page and login.

But when I moved all the files to the main public_html the wesite comes up but not the joomla admin login page.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:07 pm

viewtopic.php?t=925100 You did not follow instructions

Leo 8)

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:43 pm

You did not read my post. Can someone please help me.

The website and admin were just fine after the upgrade to 3.6.4 and both showed. But after I moved all the files from the subdirectory to the home directory the website shows but the admin login page is blank.

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:49 pm

The following are the errors when I go to the Joomla admin login page:

Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::setErrorHandling() should not be called statically in /home/gingerma/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 18

Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::setErrorHandling() should not be called statically in /home/gingerma/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::setErrorHandling() should not be called statically in /home/gingerma/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php on line 20

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::getCfg() in /home/gingerma/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 130

Thank you very much for the help

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:05 pm

You have a mixed filesystem. That last file path shouldn't exist on a 3.6.4 site. What did you upgrade from?

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Thanks for the Reply mbabker.

Let me put it this way. I didn't upgrade from anything. I created a subdirectory in my public_html directory and then installed joomla 3.2 then upgraded it to 3.6.4.

Then I had a new template installed and worked on the website through the admin. The web site and admin pages came up just fine.

But after I moved all the files from the subdirectory (using c-panel) to the home directory the website shows but the admin login page is blank.

thank you

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Assuming you had an older site in your public_html directory then and you simply moved the new files up from the subdirectory. In that case, you've got a mixed filesystem with different versions of Joomla code that aren't compatible with each other.

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:49 pm

I deleted all files from the public_html directory before I moved the 3.6.4 files from the subdirectory.

should I just delete or replace the 4 files coming up as errors?

thanks

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:21 am

Codyxxzz8 wrote:You did not read my post.
I did perfectly well read your post and what came after that. Michael Babker is former PLT and Lead Developer and if he tells you that you have a mixed file system you for sure have a mixed file system which I confirm since this file
/home/gingerma/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php
does not exist in Joomla 3.6.4 since the folder "module" also does not exist in Joomla 3.6.4

So what you need to do is do a file/folder comparison (http://winmerge.org/?lang=en) between what you have and a fresh download of Joomla 3.6.4 and remove apparent Joomla files from your structure that do not belong on your site (make a backup before you do that)

Leo 8)

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 am

I'm sorry but you misunderstood my post. I was not doubting or trying to be rude regarding your responses. I definitely respect the level of knowledge that you two have shown here at this forum.

I did take a chance based upon your information and deleted the module folder inside of application folder and now the admin login page does show up and I can login. And I thank you for that.

I still have the other three here are messages showing up at the top of all pages in the website and in the administration area.

So, if you could steer a little more wisdom my way it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you both very much.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 am

Since you can login go to Joomla update and reinstall Joomla. This will install fresh files

Strict standards are just warnings. Switch off error reporting in global configuration and they are gone

You should thank Michael. He gave the heads-up

Leo 8)

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:23 pm

You've still got Joomla 1.5 code in your site. The JError class methods are all declared static (a feature only available since PHP 5, PHP 4 didn't have this). Presumably a libraries/joomla/error folder still exists that shouldn't.

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:11 pm

Thanks so much Leo.
I don't want to mess up with installing new files, so to be clear. Where in the admin do I install "fresh files" and how do I do it without rewriting or deleting all the work/changes I have made on the website.

I edited the configuration.php file and changed the reporting setting to ... public $error_reporting = 'default';
I did it that way because the Global Configuration area in the admin has just a lot of text. It doesn't look like the normal page layout, with buttons etc. Just text down the left side of the page. And there is nothing about error reporting.

The bottom line is that I can't get rid of the 3 error messages.

thanks again

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:07 am

Read what Micheal has said and mentioned. You have a mixed file system and you have not removed all from public_html before copying and now you have this situation with a complete messed up file and folder system. Do you have a backup from the Joomla 3.4.6 as installed in the subdirectory?

If not go to myjoomla.com, subscribe and run the first free scan. It will compare the files and folders as well and the output will tell you what to do. We use that in our commercial operations with great satisfaction

Leo 8)

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:27 am

Thanks Leo, I'll let you know.

take care

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:50 am

Wow. myjoomla.com. Waste of time.
Says it has a free trail, it doesn't. No where is there anything about getting the free trail. Looks like they just have you registered to get your information and tell you that the features will only work if you pay.

Oh well, I'll try to find another way. Is there another program, script anything?

thanks

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:25 am

A friend checked out myjoomla.com and a guy named Phil Taylor said, when he was told the guy was a veteran, that "he didn't give a damn about vets". This guy is a nut case.

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:56 am

It seems I have many hacked sites. Should I, after knowing how to do it, install 'fresh files' on all the sites? And if so how do I do it?

My main point is, how do I 'upload', 'upgrade' 'install fresh files' 'install core file' or what ever I do without over-writing or deleting all the work I have done on my hacked site.

Or is there any company I can use other the the 'vet hater' at myjoomla?

I think I'm getting no where. :(

thanks

Codyxxzz8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Codyxxzz8 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:05 pm

My backup has problems which is why I'm here.

thanks

PhilTaylor-Prazgod
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by PhilTaylor-Prazgod » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:43 pm

The full quote from me was
"This is nothing to do with you being a vet - personally I do not give a damn if you are a vet or just a stolen valour paid up member…
Its about you being a pathetic moaning liar who repeatedly calls my service a scam and who cannot see the wood from the trees
And then tries to hide behind a women"
I stand behind that - I do not care if you are a veteran or not. I deal with all customers the same.

For the record the full and unedited transcript of the conversation by email is published here:

http://screenshot.myjoom.la/0r2O3v1q3t0S

As you can see - this was nothing to do with veterans, it was about the personal and specific abuse & name calling, & attitude from the outset - the very first email I received called myJoomla.com a scam.

myJoomla.com is not a scam. Fact. I am well known, and very well respected for what I do.
Phil Taylor
- https://mySites.guru - Manage Multiple Joomla/WordPress Sites In One Dashboard for Security, Audits, Backups and more....
- https://www.phil-taylor.com/

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:05 pm

PhilTaylor-Prazgod wrote:myJoomla.com is not a scam. Fact. I am well known, and very well respected for what I do.
Anyone who spends anytime at all helping others on here knows this, Phil.

Your’s is the go-to service for this sort thing in the Joomla-sphere and many are grateful for your help.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.0.3 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.0.3 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

ooffick
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ooffick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:24 am

Mod Note: this topic is locked to allow the Moderator Team to investigate this issue.
Olaf Offick - Global Moderator
learnskills.org

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”