After 3.8 Joomla update - Error 500 JHtmlJquery::token not found Shows in Global Configuration under Server tab

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Simini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

After 3.8 Joomla update - Error 500 JHtmlJquery::token not found Shows in Global Configuration under Server tab

Post by Simini » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 pm

HI

I'm getting 500 Error JHtmlJquery::token not found after 3.8 Joomla update in Global Configuration under Server tab

I tried to dig a little and saw that it happens in JROOT/administrator/components/com_config/view/application/tmpl/default_mail.php:12

It fails to call to JHtml::_('jquery.token'); and gets 500 Error

Any help will be very much appritiated

Thanks in advance
Simon

Jack Goa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: After 3.8 Joomla update - Error 500 JHtmlJquery::token not found Shows in Global Configuration under Server tab

Post by Jack Goa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi, have you managed to solve this? Same issue here on one of my sites. Tried running update again, blah blah, still same issue.

I can see the Global config page, but all save buttons and menu, etc is missing. And this is displayed in the browser title:

Error: 500 JHtmlJquery::token not found.

J 3.8.1
PHP 7
Joomla kicks WP's butt.

wojsmol
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: After 3.8 Joomla update - Error 500 JHtmlJquery::token not found Shows in Global Configuration under Server tab

Post by wojsmol » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi Jack Goa
1. Did you make backup before Joomla! 3.8.x update?
2. Please run viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860 and post results.

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:42 pm

I'd also suggest taking a look at viewtopic.php?f=710&t=955179#p3494663 as this issue probably indicates an extension overloading the core JHtmlJquery class and needing an update for the new method added in 3.8.

Jack Goa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Jack Goa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:04 am

Ha! JV Framework as per the post by mbabker. This is an old 3.4.5 site I updated. Can't even remember why I had JV Framework in there. Seems they're discontinued now anyway?

Thanks!

PS, I've started dreading these updates. I've lost track of all the websites I've got out there. You get comfortable running the updates and after the 4th or 5th one get lazy about doing a backup first.... I know, I know...
Joomla kicks WP's butt.

ironrai
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ironrai » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 pm

First of all, apologies for my bad English.

I have a solution, it is not the most elegant but it works to make a temporary patch, while migrating to another template system. mbabker was right, JV Libraries plugin is overloading the core JHtmlJquery class, specifically the file "plugins/system/jvlibs/javascripts/jvjslib.php" i just copied the core class from de core in "libraries/cms/html/jquery.php" and just work again.

carstyle79
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by carstyle79 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:35 pm

ironrai wrote:First of all, apologies for my bad English.

I have a solution, it is not the most elegant but it works to make a temporary patch, while migrating to another template system. mbabker was right, JV Libraries plugin is overloading the core JHtmlJquery class, specifically the file "plugins/system/jvlibs/javascripts/jvjslib.php" i just copied the core class from de core in "libraries/cms/html/jquery.php" and just work again.
Please could you help me with that? which file i need to copy ?

wojsmol
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by wojsmol » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi carstyle79
Do you have a System - JV Libraries plugin?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:12 pm

This is all crap and you do not change core files. @Wojsmol don't go that advise direction please!

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

wojsmol
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by wojsmol » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi leolam
I have not planned any modifications to the Joomla! core files.

WebCalor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by WebCalor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi!
Same issue...after upgrading to J!3.8.1

I have System - JV Libraries plugin...if I disable this plugin, Global Configuration works fine...

Someone find a solution?

Thanks!

Jack Goa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Jack Goa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:28 am

Uninstall JV Libraries...
Joomla kicks WP's butt.

b2z
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by b2z » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Thank you ironrai for solution.

My solution was to rename the class to JHtmlJqueryy in plugins/system/jvlibs/javascripts/jvjslib.php :) Website working fine - class is not used.

wlam69
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wlam69 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am

Thanks a lot Dmitry / b2z.

I had this problem since updating to Joomla 3.7 and was looking for a solution as the template provider does not exist anymore. I just renamed the following line 77 in plugins/system/jvlibs/javascripts/jvjslib.php:

Code: Select all

abstract class JHtmlJquery
to

Code: Select all

abstract class JHtmlJqueryy
and everything works smoothly....

Thanks a lot for this 5 seconds solution!

ekerner
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ekerner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:52 pm

ironrai wrote:First of all, apologies for my bad English.

Yup, that was it, nice work, thanks !!

toner728
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by toner728 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:25 pm

When I do this fix, I cannot login to the back end of joomla anymore. I just get an error on the screen.
I am on joomla 3.8.3

Adam Eterno
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Adam Eterno » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Many thanks - this saved me today.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”