Articles locked after latest Joomla upgrade.

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Riff88
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Articles locked after latest Joomla upgrade.

Post by Riff88 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:33 am

Hi,

All of my articles are locked in my Joomla admin.

Yesterday I upgraded to the latest version of Joomla 3.8.5, and now when I try to edit an article, it opens a blank page, and then a lock appears next to the article.

I've tried the globacl "check-in" features and have cleared the cache.

I should mention that my web-hosting provider updated Joomla for me; I had some difficulties doing it myself :-[

Could it be possible that they are still logged into my Joomla back-end, and that's what's causing the articles to lock?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by toivo on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from Administration - cross post removed, cross posting is against the forum rules, available at https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

Riff88
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Articles locked after latest Joomla upgrade.

Post by Riff88 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 am

SOLVED: I've managed to solve the issue

The culprit is my current editor - the JCE Editor plugin, it appears it was outdated and wasn't stable enough for the new Joomla upgrade.

I did the following: First, I chose a temporary editor.

I went to SYSTEM > GLOBAL CONFIGURATION > SITE SETTINGS > DEFAULT EDITOR > choose the TinyMCE editor and hit save.

TinyMCE is a really crappy editor, but at least I can edit my articles again for now.

I uninstalled my current JCE Editor by going to EXTENSIONS > MANAGE > MANAGE > choose JCE Editor and uninstall.

I then downloaded the latest version of JCE Editor 2.6.26 and installed that by via EXTENSIONS > MANAGE > INSTALL

I went back to GLOBAL CONFIGURATION > SITE SETTINGS > DEFAULT EDITOR > and I choose JCE Editor again.

Now, I am able to edit by articles again. I hope this post helps someone in the future!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”