installed/updated Joomla 3.8.7 to 3.8.8. No front end

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
nicolass
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

installed/updated Joomla 3.8.7 to 3.8.8. No front end

Post by nicolass » Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi All.

First of all, please advise me if this is not the correct area to post my query, my first time here.

I have been working on a new Joomla website using version 3.8.7, and it has been working fine, then this afternoon saw the notification new version 3.8.8, so I clicked on to update Joomla, all went well so it appeared.

I refreshed the website and to my shock the screen came up white, with some details shown below:

Array
Array
The requested page can't be found.

An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page

You may wish to search the site or visit the home page.

Search this site
Search ...

Go to the Home Page

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

0 Using $this when not in object context

The only thing showing is the sports club logo in the top left hand corner of the header.

The Joomla package was installed on a sub-directory of the main directory /public_html so as to allow me to create and experiment with Joomla, Systems information I can give you below.

Setting Value

PHP Built On: Linux web101.extendcp.co.uk 2.6.32-696.18.7.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jan 4 17:31:22 UTC 2018 x86_64:
Database Type: mysql
Database Version: 5.5.5-10.1.27-MariaDB
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation: utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version: 7.0.30
Web Server: Apache/2.4.33 (Unix)
WebServer to PHP Interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 3.8.8 Stable [ Amani ] 22-May-2018 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0

I am or was nearing the completion of this website this week, but I am now hoping that someone can advise what may have happened, other further details you may require, please advise and I will send them, I have added a couple of extensions, if this is the problem area, I do not know?

Thanks

Nick

nicolass
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: installed/updated Joomla 3.8.7 to 3.8.8. No front end

Post by nicolass » Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi mbabker

The modification in the default.php file replacing with "htmlspecialchars" has done the trick.

Thanks for the help

Nick

urgan38
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by urgan38 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:24 am

Same problem observed yesterday. Is there a hotfix 3.8.9 coming we could wait for or do I have to manually patch the code?
Reverted back to 3.8.7 yesterday...

urgan38
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by urgan38 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Manually patching it also fixed it here. Would still be good if this bug is fixed asap. This will cause many people troubles that they do not expect in a minor security fix update. The error thrown is rather not so obvious and it takes the whole site down.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”