Joomla 3.8.13 Update - Download Fails Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla 3.8.13 Update - Download Fails

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:54 pm

I am trying to update from 3.8.12 to 3.8.13 but it fails each time. I have tried three different domains but they all fail.

Any suggestions?
Regards,

Kim Huff
"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?" ~ Yoda, Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Joomla 3.8.13 Update - Download Fails

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:07 pm

kimhuff wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:54 pm
I am trying to update from 3.8.12 to 3.8.13 but it fails each time.
In what way, specifically, does the update "fail"? ???

Other people have reported that they've been able to successfully "download" (or rather update) to J! 3.8.13 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=966169

What are the "three domains" that you've used to download J! 3.8.13?

More information—answers to my questions—may shed some information about your problem. Please.

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 pm

sozzled wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:07 pm
In what way, specifically, does the update "fail"? ???

Other people have reported that they've been able to successfully "download" (or rather update) to J! 3.8.13 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=966169

What are the "three domains" that you've used to download J! 3.8.13?

More information—answers to my questions—may shed some information about your problem. Please.
Here is what happens when I try to update.

https://www.ffwddev.com/joomla-update.mp4

Thanks
Regards,

Kim Huff
"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you?" ~ Yoda, Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks for that information. Somewhat surprising: it may be a temporary issue (the download server may be busy) or it may be some other problem (e.g. domain blocking by your ISP or country). Have you tried going to the download source at https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla ... format=zip, download the package to your PC and then use the Upload & Update method of Joomla! Update component?

If further attempts to update again prove unsuccessful, we may have to report the problem to the people who manage the distribution of Joomla installation packages.

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm

sozzled wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 pm
Thanks for that information. Somewhat surprising: it may be a temporary issue (the download server may be busy) or it may be some other problem (e.g. domain blocking by your ISP or country). Have you tried going to the download source at https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla ... format=zip, download the package to your PC and then use the Upload & Update method of Joomla! Update component?

If further attempts to update again prove unsuccessful, we may have to report the problem to the people who manage the distribution of Joomla installation packages.
Thanks again for the quick reply. I did go to the website and download the 3.8.12 to 3.8.13 update but when I tried to run the update, I was pointed to the Joomla Update under Components. I thought maybe it might be an extension I have installed that protects against hacking (SecurityCheck), but I just tried two other sites without that extension and I am getting the same error.

I can try later, but I don't want to worry about being hacked either.

Any suggestions?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:56 pm

I don't know about any extensions that "prevent" updating Joomla. If you suspect that you have such an extension, you could temporarily disable it and see whether it's the cause, maybe?

For what it's worth, I'm assuming that you're using a superuser account (not just an administrator account) because you can't update from to J! 3.8.13 (or higher) if you don't have the right privs. From what I've read, if you're using an administrator account, and you attempt to update, you'll get a different error, anyway.

I assume that you're familiar with the Upload & Update method of Joomla! Update component as opposed to the standard method from the Live Update tab. I also assume that your PHP settings allow for the updating to proceed without problems. In any case, it is probably useful (because you're the first person to have encountered these problems and to help others) if we could see the Forum Post Assistant report for any one of the problem sites that you have; without that information we're just taking wild guesses. Thanks.
Last edited by toivo on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: edited on request to make the standard method clearer

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:17 pm

sozzled wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:56 pm
I don't know about any extensions that "prevent" updating Joomla. If you suspect that you have such an extension, you could temporarily disable it and see whether it's the cause, maybe?

For what it's worth, I'm assuming that you're using a superuser account (not just an administrator account) because you can't update from to J! 3.8.13 (or higher) if you don't have the right privs. From what I've read, if you're using an administrator account, and you attempt to update, you'll get a different error, anyway.

I assume that you're familiar with the Upload & Update method of Joomla! Update component as opposed to the Live Update method. I also assume that your PHP settings allow for the updating to proceed without problems. In any case, it is probably useful (because you're the first person to have encountered these problems and to help others) if we could see the Forum Post Assistant report for any one of the problem sites that you have; without that information we're just taking wild guesses. Thanks.
Well, let me go through each of your comments.

1. Yes, I am using a super user account.
2. Not sure I am familiar with the upload/update method. I tried dragging and dropping the zip file into the manage page like you would an extension and that did not work. That is when I got the message stating I had to use the Joomla Update option under Components.
3. All of my sites are on PHP 7.1. Is that version an issue with the update?

I went to the Forum Post Assistant, but I don't think I have ever used that. Is it some kind of "form" I fill out? Where does that go? Does it give someone from Joomla access to one of my domains?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm

1) Good to know (to confirm) that you're using a superadmin account but, as I wrote earlier, there would probably be different issues if you weren't.

2) The Upload and Update method is reasonably well documented.
j3_upload-and-update.png
3) The FPA report is a free-standing utility that you download from the link I posted earlier, extract the one file fpa-en.php and upload it to the root directory of your website (the same folder as where the configuration.php file resides), set your browser to the URL <your-domain>/fpa-en.php, follow the detailed instructions as set out in viewtopic.php?f=621&p=2371873, copy the generated BBcode and paste it as a reply to this forum topic. Fairly straightforward if you keep your wits about you. ;)

... and, no, the FPA reporting tool doesn't give anyone access to your website. After you've used it, delete the file fpa-en.php from your website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 pm

sozzled wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm
1) Good to know (to confirm) that you're using a superadmin account but, as I wrote earlier, there would probably be different issues if you weren't.

2) The Upload and Update method is reasonably well documented. j3_upload-and-update.png

3) The FPA report is a free-standing utility that you download from the link I posted earlier, extract the one file fpa-en.php and upload it to the root directory of your website (the same folder as where the configuration.php file resides), set your browser to the URL <your-domain>/fpa-en.php, follow the detailed instructions as set out in viewtopic.php?f=621&p=2371873, copy the generated BBcode and paste it as a reply to this forum topic. Fairly straightforward if you keep your wits about you. ;)

... and, no, the FPA reporting tool doesn't give anyone access to your website. After you've used it, delete the file fpa-en.php from your website.
Sozzled, You ROCK!! I was able to do the manual update. Do you think I should fill in the form anyway just in case others start having the same issue?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm pleased to read that you were able to [Upload and] Update your version of Joomla. As I also wrote earlier, I was surprised that you encountered problems using the Live Update method. There may have been a reason why the usual method didn't work in your case and it may be worthwhile pursuing this discussion for the purposes of attempting to isolate that cause. In order to do that, the FPA report may prove useful (if not for other people), at least for you. It's your decision if you want to pursue the matter further.

In my own case, I had no problems updating one of my test sites to J! 3.8.13 using the Live Update method.
Last edited by sozzled on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ribo
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ribo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Even if you update your joomla with manual method, it s good to post fpa results as the perfect must be to can update with all the ways that joomla gives you. Probably your issue is in your host server that s why your update failed with other ways
chat room spontes : http://www.spontes.com

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Components >>> Joomla update >>> click the hyperlink and the correct update package will be downloaded by your browser. That will by-pass your Host and make sure you download the correct update package.

Also (as stated before) run the fpa and post the results here.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 pm

sozzled wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:53 pm
I'm pleased to read that you were able to [Upload and] Update your version of Joomla. As I also wrote earlier, I was surprised that you encountered problems using the Live Update method. There may have been a reason why the usual method didn't work in your case and it may be worthwhile pursuing this discussion for the purposes of attempting to isolate that cause. In order to do that, the FPA report may prove useful (if not for other people), at least for you. It's your decision if you want to pursue the matter further.

In my own case, I had no problems updating one of my test sites to J! 3.8.13 using the Live Update method.
I'll go ahead and do the form.
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:26 pm

@Webdongle: yeah, well, we've done all that, mate. The site was updated using the Joomla! Update component. The Live Update method—the usual method—didn't work so we used the Upload and Update method and that worked. I suspect that there may have been confusion with reading the documentation and dragging/dropping the update package under the Extensions » Update links.

There's all manner of confusion with the way(s) people can update Joomla. We have experienced/expert users (no names, no pack-drill) advocating using Extensions » Update (particularly for people updating Joomla pre-J! 3.5) which we all know is "less than reliable". The documentation links (posted in one of my earlier replies to this topic) reference Extensions » Update as one of the ways to "manually" update Joomla. To be quite blunt, I wish that the documentation put clear caveats on using Extensions » Update.

While Extensions » Update may have worked at one time, and the documentation still refers to this method without prominently warning people that this is not the method used today, people are trying to use it. It's not a case of that method being wrong—which it is—it's a case of the documentation not being crystal clear.

Further problems occur in updating Joomla if people have the FTP layer enabled. Other problems can occur if the PHP max_upload and max_post_size settings are inadequate. Compounding all of these matters, people don't backup their websites before updating! Lots of forum topics discuss these issues, if people care to search for them. 8)

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 pm

I've been using Joomla since 1.5 so I'm definitely not a noon. I have about 20+ sites running on 3.8.12 and never have I not been able to use the Live Update option so I was unaware of the manual option.

I figured it was something with the domain but I've tried five different domains and none would work through the Live Update.

Having said that, they are all on the same server running 7.1 php. Not sure what on my web server could be stopping the Live Update but if no one else is having this issue, it's got to be something with my specific server.

Thank you again everyone for trying to help me. At least I can update manually.
Regards,

Kim Huff

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:19 pm

sozzled wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Further problems occur in updating Joomla if people have the FTP layer enabled. Other problems can occur if the PHP max_upload and max_post_size settings are inadequate. Compounding all of these matters, people don't backup their websites before updating! Lots of forum topics discuss these issues, if people care to search for them. 8)
This has been an issue in the past when installing templates or extensions so I know I've increased it but don't remember what I put it at. What should the max_post_size be?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:30 pm

kimhuff wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 pm
... so I was unaware of the manual option.
Point of clarification: this is not a "manual" option; it's called the Upload and Update option. The use of any other mechanism (outside of the Joomla! Update component) could be termed a "manual" something-or-other (usually with unpredictable/disastrous results). Are we clear on that?

If someone else refers to the Upload and Update option of the Joomla! Update component as the "manual method" they're being disingenuous at best and misleading at worst.

As far as PHP settings I referred to earlier, best thing to do is to post the FPA report and we can help. OK?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 am

sozzled wrote:
@Webdongle: yeah, well, we've done all that, mate. The site was updated using the Joomla! Update component. ... we used the Upload and Update method and that worked. ...
@sozzled
Just pointing out the best way to make sure the correct update package is used. Many users have gone to the download site and downloaded the wrong package. By clicking the hyperlink (in Components >>> Joomla update) the user can be sure that the browser reaches and downloads the correct package.

And yes the fpa results after the successful update would be good to confirm server settings. The fact that the OP had to use the upload and update method shows there is at least one problem with the site or server.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:00 am

Webdongle wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 am
sozzled wrote:
@Webdongle: yeah, well, we've done all that, mate. The site was updated using the Joomla! Update component. ... we used the Upload and Update method and that worked. ...
@sozzled
Just pointing out the best way to make sure the correct update package is used. Many users have gone to the download site and downloaded the wrong package. By clicking the hyperlink (in Components >>> Joomla update) the user can be sure that the browser reaches and downloads the correct package.

And yes the fpa results after the successful update would be good to confirm server settings. The fact that the OP had to use the upload and update method shows there is at least one problem with the site or server.
@Webdongle & @sozzled

I have installed the fpa-en.php on a domain and I think I have run the form correctly. I am not sure where I am supposed to upload the response to but I am a little concerned about uploading info like this where anyone can read it... is this safe?

Also, I did look up the error_log, not sure why I didn't do that to begin with. Unfortunately, I don't understand the error. Does any of this mean anything to either of you?
10-Oct-2018 01:53:42 UTC] PHP Warning: get_headers(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/[PRIVATE]/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/models/default.php on line 255
[10-Oct-2018 01:53:42 UTC] PHP Warning: get_headers(): This function may only be used against URLs in /home/[PRIVATE]/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/models/default.php on line 255
Sorry I didn't grab this earlier. Does this help at all?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 am

You don't install the fpa-en.php file (not like you would install a Joomla extension). You copy the file to your filesystem (root folder of your Joomla website). It's all explained in the detailed instructions.

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:22 am

sozzled wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 am
You don't install the fpa-en.php file (not like you would install a Joomla extension). You copy the file to your filesystem (root folder of your Joomla website). It's all explained in the detailed instructions.
Yes, I understand that. I copied the .php file in the root of the public_html folder and I filled out the form then clicked on the button to generated a bunch of info, but it makes no sense to me. I have sense removed the file, but it said I should post the info somewhere but I was worried about uploading all of that info to a public forum.

Does the error_log info I uploaded mean anything to you?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:51 am

The FPA report means something to me. The error log info (in the absence of the FPA report) is ambiguous. It's your choice/decision to use the FPA tool (used by thousands of other Joomla forum users before you) or not. I can't say more than that.

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:15 am

sozzled wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:51 am
The FPA report means something to me. The error log info (in the absence of the FPA report) is ambiguous. It's your choice/decision to use the FPA tool (used by thousands of other Joomla forum users before you) or not. I can't say more than that.
So, am I supposed to post it here or some specific forum topic?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

How to use the FPA reporting tool in the forum

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 am

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: How to use the FPA reporting tool in the forum

Post by kimhuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:27 am

sozzled wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 am
Read this, please: viewtopic.php?f=706&t=965220&p=3538668#p3538668
What does that link have to do with what I have going on? You want me to post my FPA results in a thread that has to do with a user that is not receiving email from their Joomla site?
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:15 am

OK, let's break down your various questions into simpler component parts:

1) You asked if you should post the output of the FPA report in this thread or in another thread, correct? What do you think? Cross-posting (i.e. posting about the same issue on different topics) is against the forum rules (the ninth dot-point). Cross-posting fractures the discussion and we won't be able to follow the information trail if it goes all over the place. So, the answer is no. You shouldn't post the output of the FPA in some other/random topic. Let's keep it all together here, shall we?

2) The information I posted in the reply in this topic with the subject "How to use the FPA reporting tool in the forum" was intended to show you (in a very simple step-by-step manner) how to use the FPA reporting tool. I would have imagined that a person who has been a member of this forum for 11 years, with 150 posts to their credit, would have seen countless examples of the use of the FPA reporting tool. It never ceases to surprise me that people haven't tried to do this themselves without the need to ask half-a-dozen questions about how to use it. As I've written on a couple of occasions before, it's fairly straightforward but even for extremely capable people, it's sometimes easier to break the procedure down into simple steps. My previous post—referencing another topic—was to show you those steps.

I will repeat them for you (and others) here. The steps are:
  • Run the FPA on your website.
  • Find Image
  • Find Image
  • Find Image
  • Copy the BBcode and paste it here on the forum
Is that simple enough?

3) As far as what's written in your error log w.r.t. com_joomlaupdate, you're asking me to guess what might be the problem. I could guess—I would in all likelihood be wrong—and I'll leave guessing to amateurs. I like to see the FPA report and then I might be able to better associate the cause of the error ... or not. (My guess is that you need to enable allow_url_fopen in your PHP settings.)

4) It's entirely your choice—your decision—what you do with this. One piece of advice, however, is to remain on station with this topic and not post questions about this problem in other forum topics (as I noticed you did).

5) I feel that your main priority is to respond with the information we have requested: post the BBcode output (as if you were replying to this topic) generated by the Forum Post Assistant, in this topic.

Other people are able to use the Forum Post Assistant. The output may help others to diagnose any problems with your website(s). I hope that what I've written helps. Back to you.

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:38 am

First let me say thank you for "spelling it out" for me.

Second, I get keeping things in the same thread and yes that makes sense but maybe I should explain my thought process so you don't think I'm a complete idiot.

You see, my thought was that this generated code was going to be looked at by Joomla developers. If that is the case, how would they know to come look at this thread? So, it only made sense that I would post the generated info in another thread just for that purpose. Please know I was not trying to break any rules or do the wrong thing, but my scenario made the most sense and I couldn't figure out where this info was supposed to go.

My generated code will be in the next post... and thank you for not getting thoroughly pissed and giving up on me.
Regards,

Kim Huff

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:39 am

Problem Description :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.5 (Ganymede)) : 10th October 2018 wrote:Live Update is not working for all my Joomla domains
Log/Error Message :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.5 (Ganymede)) : 10th October 2018 wrote:Download of update package failed
Log/Error Message :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.5 (Ganymede)) : 10th October 2018 wrote:[10-Oct-2018 01:53:42 UTC] PHP Warning: get_headers(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/ffhrxiaf/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/models/default.php on line 255 [10-Oct-2018 01:53:42 UTC] PHP Warning: get_headers(): This function may only be used against URLs in /home/ffhrxiaf/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/models/default.php on line 255
Actions Taken To Resolve by Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.5 (Ganymede)) 10th October 2018 wrote:Posted in the forum and checked to make sure I could update manually.
Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.5 (Ganymede)) : 10th October 2018 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.8.12-Stable (Amani) 28-August-2018
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Read-Only (444) | Owner: --protected-- . (uid: 1/gid: 1) | Group: --protected-- (gid: 1) | Valid For: 3.8
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: false | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 60 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 120 | Session handler: database | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 2 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.8.12: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate | Doc Root: --protected-- | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 52.18 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.1.22 | PHP API: cgi-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: | Error Reporting: 32759 | Log Errors To: error_log | Last Known Error: 12th June 2018 01:31:31. | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 20M | Max. POST Size: 20M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 32M

Database Configuration :: Version: 5.6.41 (Client:mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $) | Host: --protected-- (--protected--) | Localhost: Yes | Collation: latin1_swedish_ci (Character Set: latin1) | Database Size: 5.28 MiB | #of Tables:  95
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.1.22) | date (7.1.22) | libxml (7.1.22) | openssl (7.1.22) | pcre (7.1.22) | zlib (7.1.22) | filter (7.1.22) | hash (1.0) | pcntl (7.1.22) | readline (7.1.22) | Reflection (7.1.22) | SPL (7.1.22) | session (7.1.22) | standard (7.1.22) | cgi-fcgi () | ctype (7.1.22) | dom (20031129) | ftp (7.1.22) | gd (7.1.22) | json (1.5.0) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $) | PDO (7.1.22) | Phar (2.0.2) | posix (7.1.22) | SimpleXML (7.1.22) | sqlite3 (7.1.22) | tokenizer (7.1.22) | xml (7.1.22) | xmlwriter (7.1.22) | xsl (7.1.22) | mysqli (7.1.22) | pdo_mysql (7.1.22) | pdo_sqlite (7.1.22) | wddx (7.1.22) | xmlreader (7.1.22) | Zend Engine (3.1.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions :: zip | curl | iconv | mbstring | mcrypt |

Switch User Environment (Experimental) :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Custom SU (LiteSpeed/Cloud/Grid): Yes
Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 321535 | Threads: 1 | Questions: 448700 | Slow queries: 0 | Opens: 89085 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 2000 | Queries per second avg: 1.395 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: SITE ::
Core :: com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_AGGREGATOR_DAILYMOTION_TITL (2.6.32) 1 | WF_AGGREGATOR_VINE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_POPUPS_WINDOW_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_LINK_SEARCH_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_IFRAME_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_TEXTPATTERN_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_FONTCOLOR_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_ANCHOR_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_MEDIAMANAGER_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_FORMATSELECT_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_CLIPBOARD_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_CHARMAP_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_KITCHENSINK_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_CAPTION_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_VISUALBLOCKS_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_HR_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_FONTSELECT_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_IMGMANAGER_EXT_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_EMOTIONS_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_MICRODATA_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_INLINEPOPUPS_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_TEMPLATEMANAGER_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_LISTS_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_FILEMANAGER_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_STYLESELECT_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_FONTSIZESELECT_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 | WF_LAYER_TITLE (2.6.32) 1 |

Components :: ADMIN ::
Core :: com_menus (3.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.6.2) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_banners (3.0.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: COM_JCE (2.6.32) 1 | Securitycheck Pro Control Cent (1.1.16) 1 | Securitycheck Pro (3.1.0) 1 |

Modules :: SITE ::
Core :: mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Modules :: ADMIN ::
Core :: mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: Securitycheck Pro Info Module (3.1.0) 1 |

Plugins :: SITE ::
Core :: plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: plg_extension_jce (2.6.32) 1 | plg_content_jce (2.6.32) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.38.0) 1 | plg_editors_jce (2.6.32) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.8) 1 | plg_installer_rsedimo (1.0.0) 1 | Installer - Securitycheck Pro (3.1.0) 1 | plg_installer_jce (2.6.32) 1 | plg_fields_mediajce (2.6.32) 1 | plg_quickicon_jce (2.6.32) 1 | System - Securitycheck Pro (3.1.0) 1 | System - Securitycheck Pro Upd (1.0.3) 1 | System - Securitycheck Pro Con (1.1.16) 1 | plg_system_rsedimo (1.0.0) 1 | plg_system_jce (2.6.32) 1 | System - url Inspector (3.1.0) 0 | plg_system_rstemplate (1.0.0) 0 | System - Securitycheck Spam Pr (1.0.5) 1 | System - Securitycheck Pro Cro (3.1.0) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: SITE :: beez3 (3.1.0) 1 | RSEdimo! (1.0.12) 1 | Unknown (templates/rsedimo/classes/parser/sampledata/data-construction/categories.xml) (-) 1 | Unknown (templates/rsedimo/classes/parser/sampledata/data-gym/categories.xml) (-) 1 | Unknown (templates/rsedimo/classes/parser/sampledata/data-coaching/categories.xml) (-) 1 | Unknown (templates/rsedimo/classes/parser/sampledata/data-doctor/categories.xml) (-) 1 | protostar (1.0) 1 |
Templates :: ADMIN :: hathor (3.0.0) 1 | isis (1.0) 1 |
Regards,

Kim Huff

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:04 am

Thank you. There's some very useful information here.

My suspicion—the reason why the Live Update method of the Joomla! Update component failed—is that the PHP setting allow_url_fopen is currently disabled. Enable this function on the webserver and see if you can use the Live Update method on other websites hosted on your platform. PHP 7.1 is OK to use; you may want to consider using PHP 7.2.

Other matters:

1) Suggest that you install Akeeba Backup on your website; learn how to use it to make regular backups. It also comes in handy when you're doing Jooma updates because it automatically backs up your website immediately prior to performing an update when you use the Joomla! Update component. ;)

2) The FPA reports that the database collation/character encoding is incorrect for this version of Joomla. The database collation/character encoding should be multibyte (one suggestion is >>> here <<<) or use Akeeba Admin Tools that has a single-button database collation fixer-up function. ;)

3) You have some "odd"-looking templates. I can't comprehend why you have them. They're your problem.

4) Keep your installed extensions up-to-date. The current Securitycheck Pro Info component (plus module and plugin) is v3.1.2.

5) Suggest that you increase Max. Upload Size = 32M and Max. POST Size = 64M (or something like that). You're probably safe but this may keep you safer. Someone else might comment on this.

Cheers.

kimhuff
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kimhuff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:41 am

sozzled wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:04 am
Thank you. There's some very useful information here.

My suspicion—the reason why the Live Update method of the Joomla! Update component failed—is that the PHP setting allow_url_fopen is currently disabled. Enable this function on the webserver and see if you can use the Live Update method on other websites hosted on your platform. PHP 7.1 is OK to use; you may want to consider using PHP 7.2.

Other matters:

1) Suggest that you install Akeeba Backup on your website; learn how to use it to make regular backups. It also comes in handy when you're doing Jooma updates because it automatically backs up your website immediately prior to performing an update when you use the Joomla! Update component. ;)

2) The FPA reports that the database collation/character encoding is incorrect for this version of Joomla. The database collation/character encoding should be multibyte (one suggestion is >>> here <<<) or use Akeeba Admin Tools that has a single-button database collation fixer-up function. ;)

3) You have some "odd"-looking templates. I can't comprehend why you have them. They're your problem.

4) Keep your installed extensions up-to-date. The current Securitycheck Pro Info component (plus module and plugin) is v3.1.2.

5) Suggest that you increase Max. Upload Size = 32M and Max. POST Size = 64M (or something like that). You're probably safe but this may keep you safer. Someone else might comment on this.

Cheers.
Thanks for all the great info. I actually have daily backups being done automatically in two different locations. I used to use Akeeba and I love it, but the beauty of having them done each night was just a lot easier.

I know I need to update SecurityCheck, but they nearly doubled their cost and I just haven't had the money to update it. I will be updating it very soon.

Thanks again for hanging in there with me.
Regards,

Kim Huff

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”