How to migrate from blogger to joomla

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Healthsoothe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to migrate from blogger to joomla

Post by Healthsoothe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help me on how to migrate from a blogpost domain to Joomla?

Is there any tutorial or guideline to follow without stress?

Code: Select all

This is my blog [url]https://www.reacted.com[/url]
You can check it out and see what I can do to move my existing articles too.

Am new in this forum!
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How to migrate from blogger to joomla

Post by mandville » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello, Isreal Olabanji , sorry i had to redact your url to prevent your post being considered as spam. i think you used to be on the fitnessworld domain, before that got banned from loads of forums for spamming
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:30 pm

sorry forgot to add, you have only been on that blogging platform and inviting paid bloggers to post on it since october, so it looks even more like spam. [all info in my posts in this topic available by using your favourite search engine ]
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted

Healthsoothe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Healthsoothe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:38 pm

mandville wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:28 pm
Hello, Isreal Olabanji , sorry i had to redact your url to prevent your post being considered as spam. i think you used to be on the fitnessworld domain, before that got banned from loads of forums for spamming
The fitness world was not banned I use before. I redirected it to healthsoothe.com before i now give the domain up.

I now use healthsoothe.com.

You haven't answer my question.

How can I move my existing domain name from blogger to joomla with my content?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm

The question, "How to migrate from Blogger to Joomla?", has been done to death. If someone feels the need to include the URL to a brand-X website and invite members of the community to "check it out", then this is disingenuous advertising at best or it's just plain forum spam. In either case, there are clear rules about self-promotion and, especially, about posting links to websites that have nothing in common with Joomla.

Further, it is against the forum rules to have a username that is [virtually] "identical" to a website.

I don't understand why we "redact" URL links to non-Joomla websites when people show no respect for the forum rules in the first place (especially when it's someone's first post on the forum). We would send a clear message to first-time posters if we just removed the topic and save everyone's time; however, now that the offending URL has been redacted, the topic could be merged with—and probably forgotten—any of the hundreds of other topics that deal with this "issue". :-\

Lastly (and just because I'm in a generous mood), here's the answer to the OP's question: http://google.com/search?q=how+to+convert+fro ... +to+Joomla

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:57 pm

[note slight OT] i redact to prevent people screaming that their url has vanished and causing them to repost it again, when it shouldnt have been posted in the first place.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:45 pm

@ cinesizzlers:
sozzled wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm
The question, "How to migrate from Blogger to Joomla?", has been done to death. If someone feels the need to include the URL to a brand-X website and invite members of the community to "check it out", then this is disingenuous advertising at best or it's just plain forum spam. In either case, there are clear rules about self-promotion and, especially, about posting links to websites that have nothing in common with Joomla.

Further, it is against the forum rules to have a username that is [virtually] "identical" to a website.

I don't understand why we "redact" URL links to non-Joomla websites when people show no respect for the forum rules in the first place (especially when it's someone's first post on the forum). We would send a clear message to first-time posters if we just removed the topic and save everyone's time; however, now that the offending URL has been redacted, the topic could be merged with—and probably forgotten—any of the hundreds of other topics that deal with this "issue". :-\

Lastly (and just because I'm in a generous mood), here's the answer to the OP's question: http://google.com/search?q=how+to+convert+fro ... +to+Joomla

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”