Database errors

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?
jsm25
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Database errors

Post by jsm25 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:04 pm

When I goto Extensions -> Database I get the following errors should I be worried and how can I fit them, please.

Database schema version (3.9.10-2019-07-09) does not match CMS version (3.9.22-2020-09-16).
Table 'qzkt_users' does not have index 'idx_username'. (From file 3.9.16-2020-03-04.sql.)
The Joomla! Core database tables have not been converted yet to UTF-8 Multibyte (utf8mb4).

I have tried the Fix database button and it's not resolved the issue so I download a full version of Joomla 3.9.23 and installed it and then I get the following error

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Can't DROP 'username'; check that column/key exists
Files Update: SQL error file DB function failed with error number 1091
Can't DROP 'username'; check that column/key exists
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__users` DROP INDEX `username`;

Again don't know if I need to do anything about this or how it fit it. Any advice you be appreciated.

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Database errors

Post by AMurray » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Despite these errors, is the site otherwise functioning?

You could try the following:

1) Restore your site from a backup (e.g. Akeeba Backup & Kickstart), from when the site was working?

2) Your host may have a way to restore the site or even through your hosting admin panel, (e.g. cPanel) there should be options for site backups and restoration;

3) Suggest trying to repair database e.g. direct from the database in phpMyAdmin;

4) Installing Akeeba Admin Tools (Akeeba) and running its database repair functions
https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/ad ... tools.html ;

5) Provide the Forum Post Assistant report results here to assist the forum volunteers diagnose the issues https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”