Update to 3.9.24 causes issue after unpublishing or uninstalling

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?
kdubey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Update to 3.9.24 causes issue after unpublishing or uninstalling

Post by kdubey » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:49 pm

Hello

We are facing a massive issue with this update (never faced this situation with previous updates).

Unpublishing an existing module or uninstalling an extension is preventing the pages linked to the affected modules to cease to load - only a pre-loader is visible. This causes the entire website to be in a state of suspended animation! The same issue happens if a new extension is installed.

I came across at least one other instance where this seems to be preventing some forms based on Breezing Forms extension from working (https://crosstec.org/en/forums/coding-c ... ml?start=0)

I am wondering if anyone is aware of this and if there is any plan to address this?
Last edited by toivo on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: split from 3.9.24 Announcement Discussion

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Update to 3.9.24 causes issue after unpublishing or uninstalling

Post by AMurray » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:17 am

If you think it's a bug, the best place to post bugs is on Github - https://issues.joomla.org. Are you using Breezing forms and are sure that it is not the problem?

Can you view the site, if you switch the template to Protostar (just to test it)? Is the template you use up to date (and compatible with Joomla 3.9.24)?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

kdubey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Update to 3.9.24 causes issue after unpublishing or uninstalling

Post by kdubey » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Hello

No, I am not using Breezing Forms. I discovered the issue with Breezing Forms when I was searching for pointers.

We have tried this with Phoca Cart, Skyline Snow Falling and Balbooa Forms. Any change in the status (i.e. active/inactive/install/uninstall) causes the issue.

Regards
Kamalesh.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”