Changing TITLE and CONTENT field names in Article Content manager and editor

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sseguin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Changing TITLE and CONTENT field names in Article Content manager and editor

Postby sseguin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Hello,

I am trying to Changing TITLE and CONTENT field names in Article Content manager and editor.

I have gone through the language files and the Language overrides and can not find the ones that affect in the Article Manager the TITLE and CONTENT name fields. I would like to replace the TITLE field name in Joomla Articles editor with SOURCE and CONTENT with DESCRIPTION.

Can you help point me to the correct Language Constants or the language files that control this for the administrator site? I am also looking for ALIAS on this screen as well.

In addition, what would they be for the Article Manager list of articles? (TITLE and ALIAS) or would it be the same as the above?

Thank you.

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Changing TITLE and CONTENT field names in Article Content manager and editor

Postby SharkyKZ » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 pm

JGLOBAL_TITLE, COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_CONTENT and JFIELD_ALIAS_LABEL.

sseguin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Changing TITLE and CONTENT field names in Article Content manager and editor

Postby sseguin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks. For the ALIAS field, there is a placeholder text. IS there the same for the TITLE field?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby imanickam » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:36 pm

As SharkyKZ specified, the language constant for the text string "Title" is JGLOBAL_TITLE.

Suggest using the language override technique as documented at https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla.
- Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
http://www.eegan.org - helping the poor and underprivileged
educate. empower. enrich.
Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”