Language package download/install Joomla problem Topic is solved

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.
calypso_man
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Language package download/install Joomla problem

Post by calypso_man » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello,

I have problem with installing language package in joomla. I go to Install languages, find my package and click install. After some loading time Joomla show me this: "Unable to detect manifest file."

Then I go to tray install maualy, and I go to: https://community.joomla.org/translatio ... tions.html and I tray to download my package and show me this:

Code: Select all

Unhandled PropelException [wrapped: Could not connect [User Info: host=192.168.105.102 dbname='gforge5' user='gforge' password='*********'] [User Info: Array]]

#0 /opt/gforge.git/lib/core/om/BaseLanguagePeer.php(203): Propel::getConnection('gf5')
#1 /opt/gforge.git/lib/core/om/BaseLanguagePeer.php(183): BaseLanguagePeer::doSelectRS(Object(Criteria), NULL)
#2 /opt/gforge.git/lib/core/om/BaseLanguagePeer.php(165): BaseLanguagePeer::doSelect(Object(Criteria), NULL)
#3 /opt/gforge.git/www/gf.php(113): BaseLanguagePeer::doSelectOne(Object(Criteria))
#4 {main}
Is that joomla community general problem? How can I install language pack in to my joomla?
Last edited by toivo on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Language package download/install Joomla problem

Post by toivo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:18 pm

I just installed two languages successfully, no issues whatsoever.

To summarise, you went to Extensions - Languages - Install Languages and selected a language to install. Which language did you select?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

calypso_man
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Language package download/install Joomla problem

Post by calypso_man » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:50 am

Hello,

Today I tried to install the language pack again and it installed without any problems.
I tried to test downloading the language pack from the official Joomla site and it works normally today.

Maybe yesterday the server had difficulties in that period when I tried to install or download the language pack.

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”