Trouble with multilingual associations when using Tags in Category Blog

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.
sokrates_mx5
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Trouble with multilingual associations when using Tags in Category Blog

Post by sokrates_mx5 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:17 am

I continue to struggle with multilingual associations for menus that use Category Blog and Tags that use the same Category. I've written about it in a previous tread (viewtopic.php?f=711&t=983549), and I thought the problem was solved, but it's not.

I have an English Menu called News containing Sub-menus e.g. Economy. The Menu Type of these Menus are Category Blog. The News Menu is set to the Category News and the Economy Menu is set to the Category Economy. Lately, I've also created further Sub-menus of Category Blog type that are set to the News Category and where further selection is done by setting a Tag.

Since the site is multilingual, I have a Spanish "mirror" of the English Menus and Categories. The Menus as well as the Categories are associated between the two languages.

The problem is that when swapping between the language versions of the News Menus, then one doesn't come to its equivalent, one comes to the last of the News Menus, with Category News, that is published. This problem only appears among Menus that has got the same Category set, even though further selection is made with different Tags. The Sub-menus with its own Category like Economy works fine.

The links that are shown in the Menus works fine when testing them. This is an example of what the links look like to the News Menus that are further selected by a Tag.

index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=9&filter_tag[0]=44

index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=11&filter_tag[0]=44

I've had a look in the database table Associations and the pair of menus that are associated between the two languages share the same Key, which looks right.

The site uses SEF links and URL Rewriting. I've begun to think that it might be the conversion to SEF links that might cause the problem.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Trouble with multilingual associations when using Tags in Category Blog

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 am

Are you using Legacy or Modern Routing, with or without ID numbers in URL?

Try to switch off SEF and see if there are any change in behaviour.

sokrates_mx5
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sokrates_mx5 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:08 am

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 am
Are you using Legacy or Modern Routing, with or without ID numbers in URL?

Try to switch off SEF and see if there are any change in behaviour.
I use Modern Routing without IDs.

sokrates_mx5
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sokrates_mx5 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:01 am

I've also seen that what ever article i open in the News/Noticias Categories, it opens it with the last Menu of those in the News/Noticias Categories with a further selection using a Tag. It's therefore NOT only an issue for multilingual sites.

I do believe this malfunction is due to a bug, maybe in the generation of the SEF links.

It would be interesting if anyone else could test, by creating more menus with the same Category using Tags for further selection in between, to see if the issue will be repeated.

sokrates_mx5
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sokrates_mx5 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:02 am

sokrates_mx5 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:01 am
I do believe this malfunction is due to a bug, maybe in the generation of the SEF links.
I've tested with SEF URLs set to NO and the problem is still present.

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”