Update table not uptodate in multi-language site

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
StephanieFuda
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Update table not uptodate in multi-language site

Post by StephanieFuda » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Hello,
I'm also having a similar issue I'd like to ask for some help with. It's been about 12 years since I've worked with Joomla and have just inherited a site that had never been updated.

I've got the site up to PHP 7.4, plugins up to date, still working on cleaning up components.

I see this error: Notice: Trying to access array offset on the value of type null in /app/libraries/src/Language/Language.php on line 1074

The default en-GB is installed, however, the builder installed en-US which is what the site looks like it's using.
My list of "content languages" includes FR, DE, IT, ES all disabled. English (US) is enabled but has the Britsh flag for the language icon.

When looking at my "Install Languages" tab, I have this message: The update table is not up to date. Please rebuild your update server table
For which I've gone down this rabbit hole and have the same messaging returned from the attempted SQL change: viewtopic.php?t=971439

I had tried to switch the site back to using en-GB but it changed my URL structure. Unless working through the language change (and removing the language variable from the path) is the way to a cleaner build, I don't have time to do this right now.

I think my questions are these:
Are the two errors related?
How badly corrupted is my extensions table?

If anyone has experience with these errors or documentation they can share I would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks!
Last edited by toivo on Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: split from someone else's topic - please create your own topics in the future!

drmenzelit
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Update table not uptodate in multi-language site

Post by drmenzelit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:29 pm

The "error" you get is only a notice.
Normally you go to Extensions -> Manage -> Updates Sites and rebuild it. You can also go to Extensions -> Languages, click on Install languages and try to reinstall the languages that are not up-to-date
Which Joomla version do you have?

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”