Default home page and system - language filter

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Demyon
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Default home page and system - language filter

Post by Demyon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm

I been looking around the forum and I have not found this issue since the latest patchs of joomla, so I've decided to make one.
I am creating a multi-lingual website. I have everything setup as far as I know, I even unpublished the main menu with "all languages" and I have the English menu associated with portuguese menu. But when I try access the website I am sent to http://gaialusa.org/joomla30/index.php/pt/ where there is a 404 error everytime, keep in my english should be the default.
If I correct the address and put http://gaialusa.org/joomla30/index.php/en/, it works fine. But once I press on the flag to go for the portuguese side of the website I am met with the 404 error again.

PS: If I remove the Language filter I can make it work, but then it stops being multi-lingual.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Default home page and system - language filter

Post by imanickam » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:25 pm

The Default Menu Item that is assigned to "All" languages must not be Unpublished. So, Publish it.

Publish the Administrator module "Multilingual Status". Once this is done, you will see a link "Multilingual Status" in the Status Bar. Click on that link and a pop-up window that contains a summary of various multilingual settings. Take a copy of that pop-up window and paste it in your reply.

Reviewed the site and it looks like the menu items are not associated.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”