3.8.10 Auto Update seems to have borked my language switcher

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
trybefore
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

3.8.10 Auto Update seems to have borked my language switcher

Post by trybefore » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:33 am

Language caching is switched off.
Multilingual site has been working fine for years!
The only other noticeable thing is that "System - jQuery Easy" shows the message

Warning
Extension Update: Custom install routine failure.

Could these issues be connected?

url is http://dr-werneburg.de

Troubleshooting suggestions welcome!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: 3.8.10 Auto Update seems to have borked my language switcher

Post by imanickam » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 am

There is no such thing as auto update in core Joomla! Of course, the system will let the user know that there is a new version available and the update takes place when the user chooses to do so.

What is not clear is whether any error has been encountered while upgrading/updating Joomla! to v3.8.10. Could you please shed some light on that?

As for as the extension "jQuery - Easy", the latest stable version that is compatible with Joomla! 3.1+ is v2.2. Please check whether your site uses this version. If not download that version and install it.

Note:
It is recommended to test the upgrade/update of core Joomla/extensions or third party extensions before upgrading/updating the production live site.

Reviewed the site and what I notice is that the menu item id changes in the url whereas the article id remains the same when you switch between languages.

In the administrator back-end, publish the administrator module Multilingual Status. Once this is published, a link with the text Multilingual Status would appear in the Status bar. Click on that link and post the image of the resultant pop-up window in your response.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”