Adding Arabic

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
asearle1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Adding Arabic

Post by asearle1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 am

Hallo Everyone,

We currently have a multi-language site with both English and French using a BEEZ3 template which has been slightly customized. This works fine.

But now we would like to add Arabic, which we are currently testing, but find that the formatting adjustments that we have made are messed up when Arabic is selected.

Rather than mess around, I wanted to test everything on a completely fresh, new, unchanged version of BEEZ3 (and maybe also then some other templates) but am not sure where I can download the package. Can anyone point me to a reliable source?

And does anyone out there have experience with Arabic language switching? A recommendation of which templates work best would be a great help.

Many thanks,
Alan Searle
Cologne, Germany
Last edited by toivo on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Extensions

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Adding Arabic

Post by Webdongle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:43 am

If you have edited the beez3 Template then make a copy of it then uninstall the edited beez3 Template.
beez3 is in the Joomla full package. Upload the files (don't forget the language files) then navigate to Extensions >>> Manage >>> Discover.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”