Can't set second content languate to en-GB Topic is solved

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ldor
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Can't set second content languate to en-GB

Post by ldor » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi,
I am trying to setup an bilingual site. The default front-end language will be Turkish, the second language will be English.
When installing Joomla! I chose English as default. I then added Turkish. Now I see both English (en-GB) and Türkçe (tr-TR) in the list of Installed Languages. But there is no English (en-GB) in the list of Content Languages. I tried to add English (en-GB) manually but the system does not allow me to set URL Language Code to 'en'. I says "A content language already exists with this Image". Then I tried to add English (en-US). But again I cannot change the URL Language Code to 'en', again I get the same error message. So with en-US my site's URL looks like www.mysite.org/en-us but I need it to have /en at the end of the URL, not /en-us. What am I missing here?

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Can't set second content languate to en-GB

Post by infograf768 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 am

Please post a screenshot of the Content Languages Manager.
Example:
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 08.36.03.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

ldor
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Can't set second content languate to en-GB

Post by ldor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 am

I've found the reason. I checked jos_languages table in the database. The field "published" for English had a value of -2. I changed it to 1 and then English en-GB appeared in the list of content languages.

I am not sure why this happened but probably it is related with migration (I am migrating an old Joomla 1.5 site, not creating a site from scratch).

Anyway, the problem is solved now. Thank you everyone who read this post for your attention.

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”