Find the absent language pack - Uzbek

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
iluha22
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Find the absent language pack - Uzbek

Post by iluha22 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:55 am

Hi everybody.

I got a confuse.

Start new website with multilanguage option and can not find neсessary language pack - Uzbek.

What i have to do?
How to organize this language support?

Thanks.
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enhanced the Subject

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Find the absent language pack

Post by imanickam » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:43 am

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

Unfortunately, at this time, the Uzbek (uz-UZ) language is not available in Joomla!

Be informed that the language packs are created by volunteers. If you would like to contribute to the creation of the Uzbek language pack, we would welcome it. You could start your translations at Crowdin (https://crowdin.com/project/joomla-cms/uz#). You have to register yourself in Crowdin and request that you be added to the Uzbek language translation.

In addition, be informed that the language packs do not translate the content. The language packs would display the messages, help texts, and the field names in the native language.

By the meantime, if you want, you could create a dummy Uzbek language pack by using the third party extension Localise (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/localise/) and install it. The language strings would essentially be in English in this case. However, this language pack would facilitate creation of the Content Language.
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected the URL for the extension Localise
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

iluha22
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Find the absent language pack - Uzbek

Post by iluha22 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:38 am

Got it.

1) Of course i will contribute with Uzbek lang.pack.

2) And for now, is there another way to manage the necessary language for my website?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Find the absent language pack - Uzbek

Post by imanickam » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 am

iluha22 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:38 am
is there another way to manage the necessary language for my website?
imanickam wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:43 am
you could create a dummy Uzbek language pack by using the third party extension Localise (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/localise/) and install it. The language strings would essentially be in English in this case. However, this language pack would facilitate creation of the Content Language.
If you want some of the language strings (e.g., for login module) to be Uzbek, you could create language overrides. Review of the document [url]x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla[/url] would be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”