System language configuration issue

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
redwolf24
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

System language configuration issue

Post by redwolf24 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:25 pm

I uploaded the language files of some Turkish dialects. I opened sections with these. But it gets strange when Joomla itself does formatting for non-Latin letters. Not only does it look bad on the address line, it also changes the formatting of the CSS structures of some components. I edit the form of abbreviation as well as the name in menu, category and article editing. There is no technical problem.

For example it looks like this:

/ az / sosiallashma-platformasi-az / idzma-blozhu-az

It should look like this:

icma-blog-less

It turns the letter g into zh in an interesting way.

It also converts CSS markup from # sp-logo to # sp-lozho. This time, the logo is placed in the middle of the page, where it will be brought to the left.

I've encountered problems like this before, but I fixed them. I could not fix this.

I thought the files under the / libraries / vendor / joomla / string / folder should be edited, but I couldn't find anything there either. They gave all the characters as ASCII code. I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions for a solution.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: System language configuration issue

Post by imanickam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Whether the Turkish language pack has been installed?

If the answer to the above question is Yes, whether Turkish has been made as the Default Site Language?
redwolf24 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:25 pm
I uploaded the language files of some Turkish dialects.
Could you please expand more on this?

If you could share the site's URL, others could review the site and offer suggestions.

Note: Unfortunately, the Turkish language pack is not up-to-date.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”