Styling the pre-text in joomla language switcher

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kimanda
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Styling the pre-text in joomla language switcher

Post by kimanda » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Hello Guys.
I have lately been adding joomla multilingual feature, and seached on how to style the pre-text in joomla language switcher the one that says "Please choose your language". But I only found info about how to style the whole module, so I added my styling into the field inside the module and this worked indeed. However there is a problem that the same text applies to all languages, and also I am thinking this maybe overwritten by new joomla updates. So guys I hope someone can tell me what I can do to avoid that . Many thanks in advance
kimanda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Styling the pre-text in joomla language switcher

Post by Pavel-ww » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi. Joomla update does not overwrite it. But if you use these text fields, you will need to create copies of the module for different languages to make the translation in these fields.

In addition to these fields, what exactly do you want to stylize? Provide a public link to your website and a screenshot of what you want to do

kimanda
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kimanda » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Many thaks Pavel for your prompt replay. Unfortunately I am now working on localhost, and thererfore cannot provide a link yet!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:41 am

If you create multiple instances of the Language Switcher module make sure that each of the module [instance] is Assigned to its respective language.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

kimanda
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kimanda » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:32 pm

I will do that many thanks imanickam!

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”