Default language Topic is solved

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
schix
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Default language

Post by schix » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:46 am

Hello, we have a problem with main page( sp page builder ) which has been set to default language - Latvian.
So when you open homepage it is displaying another main page, the one which has been set default for all languages...
In language settings for site, default language is set to Latvian, there are two different templates (shaper_helix3) made for both - default all languages, and Latvian...
Could you please help me out with this question?
Thank you!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Default language

Post by imanickam » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:55 am

Are you developing a multilingual site?

If the answer is No then there is no need to assign the language to any Joomla objects such as template styles and menu items. Just making the Default Site language as Latvian would do.

If the answer is Yes, then the menu module that displays the menu that contains has the Default menu item assigned to ALL languages must not be published.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

schix
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by schix » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:13 am

Hello imanickam,
Thank's for you're reply...
The answer is no, i just want this site to be in one language - Latvian...
But that is strange, because i have another website developed with joomla and there it is working like it should be - i have two menus, one for all languages, another set to Latvian, default site language is Latvian and everything works great and page builder is showing the right homepage..
this time it seems like not possible anymore..

schix
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by schix » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 am

In my case the problem was that the language filter plugin was not enabled...

dyfrig
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dyfrig » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:37 am

Just noticed this post. If everything is now working for you that's fine but for future reference if a site is only in one language then, as MIG suggested, you can keep it simple. No need for the language filter plugin - just have one main menu assigned to ALL languages, have eveything else assigned to ALL languages (as per standard Joomla install) and make your chosen website language, e.g. Latvian, the default.

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”