Editing multilanguage modules

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
tonytimms3
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Editing multilanguage modules

Post by tonytimms3 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:46 am

I have just managed to create a multilingual site and the language switcher is working OK. I have created the page in English with all the modules working fine I am trying to include the exact same layout for the Welsh page. I have created duplicates of the modules, named them and specified the Welsh language for each and they have loaded OK, however when I try and edit them from Categories they are not listed. I can edit the English ones but any changes are shown in the Welsh ones as well. How can I edit the Welsh modules?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Editing multilanguage modules

Post by imanickam » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:16 am

I suspect that the modules in English are assigned to the language "ALL".

Please check whether the modules are assigned to the language "English (en-GB)"

Also, check the menu assignment of the modules that are assigned to the language "Welsh (cy-GB)".

A screenshot or two explain the situation and behavior would help others in offering suggestions.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”