Duplicate tags at joomla

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
niaziblog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby niaziblog » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:41 pm

hello my friend
i create menu for tag
menu url for tag is : yoursite.com/tag/tag-name
but every tag show with 2 url
yoursite.com/tag/tag-name
yoursite.com/tag/tag-id

please view this image from google webmaster
Image

niaziblog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby niaziblog » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:37 am

Who does not have a solution?

Rickie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby Rickie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:50 am

The best advice I can give you is to insert noindex and nofollow tags which will help you avoid duplicate content. That way, Google will only index quality content relevant for the search query.

AndrewSkyler
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby AndrewSkyler » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:35 am

I dig thing up for you
The fix to the limitstart pages is an easy one. Open /plugins/system/sef/sef.php and find the lines:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
and change it to:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$link = str_replace('?limitstart=0', '', $link);
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
Tell me if it working

niaziblog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby niaziblog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 pm

AndrewSkyler wrote:I dig thing up for you
The fix to the limitstart pages is an easy one. Open /plugins/system/sef/sef.php and find the lines:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
and change it to:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$link = str_replace('?limitstart=0', '', $link);
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
Tell me if it working

i add this code but not added canonical to tag url
thanks but not solved tag problem
how to access tag by this url yoursite.com/tag/tag-name
not access this url
yoursite.com/tag/tag-id

niaziblog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby niaziblog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Rickie wrote:The best advice I can give you is to insert noindex and nofollow tags which will help you avoid duplicate content. That way, Google will only index quality content relevant for the search query.

How to do this work?

niaziblog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby niaziblog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:01 am

Who does not have a solution for this problem?

Pitercheck
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:08 am

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby Pitercheck » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 am

niaziblog wrote:
AndrewSkyler wrote:I dig thing up for you
The fix to the limitstart pages is an easy one. Open /plugins/system/sef/sef.php and find the lines:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
and change it to:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$link = str_replace('?limitstart=0', '', $link);
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
Tell me if it working

i add this code but not added canonical to tag url
thanks but not solved tag problem
how to access tag by this url yoursite.com/tag/tag-name
not access this url
yoursite.com/tag/tag-id

How long have you followed the instructions? The webmaster tool is slow to update, may change months

niaziblog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Duplicate tags at joomla

Postby niaziblog » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:32 am

Pitercheck wrote:
niaziblog wrote:
AndrewSkyler wrote:I dig thing up for you
The fix to the limitstart pages is an easy one. Open /plugins/system/sef/sef.php and find the lines:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
and change it to:

if ($uri !== $link)
{
$link = str_replace('?limitstart=0', '', $link);
$doc->addHeadLink(htmlspecialchars($link), 'canonical');
}
Tell me if it working

i add this code but not added canonical to tag url
thanks but not solved tag problem
how to access tag by this url yoursite.com/tag/tag-name
not access this url
yoursite.com/tag/tag-id

How long have you followed the instructions? The webmaster tool is slow to update, may change months

Yes i have done but all tag access id and name yet


Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests